- You love having so many ways to capture great moments. Then, your work most likely continues in Adobe Photoshop.
- You’re no stranger to the Could not complete your request because of a program error message. However, we gathered some quick fixes for you.
- First of all, download the most recent Adobe Photoshop version. You may also try to unlock the library folder.
- Don’t hesitate to check out our Fix Adobe Issues Hub and solve any problems you may encounter later on.
Photoshop is one of the most popular tools for editing images and pictures. Users have a lot of reasons to prefer Photoshop over other similar tools. It is relatively simple to use and has many features.
Also, one of the main reasons is reliability. In other words, people trust this image-editing tool to offer an issue-free experience to get their job done.
However, this is not always the case. Quite a few people encountered the Could not complete your request because of a programerror message when trying to open Photoshop.
This is a major issue that makes Photoshop impossible to use. Luckily, there are some solutions available and today we will show you what to do if you encounter this problem.
How can I fix Photoshop could not complete your request?
1. Download the most recent Adobe Photoshop version
As a quick reminder, Adobe cherishes its customers and releases updates for all its products on a regular basis.
If you are using an outdated Adobe Photoshop version, then don’t act so surprised to encounter such errors.
They don’t actually appear out of the blue, so it’s time to take action. Our advice is to download the latest software version from Adobe’s official distribution page.
After a quick install, the image-editing tool you enjoy all the time should work properly again.
2. Unlock the library folder
For some reason, users reported that the library folder is locked. A recent update might have changed this option. Don’t hesitate to unlock the library folder to fix the problem.
3. Change the file type to PNG
If the solution above didn’t work, try changing the file type to PNG. PNG files might work better. This way you will avoid encountering the same Could not complete your request because of a program error message.
As we said at the beginning of this article, this is a major problem in Photoshop. Users can’t do anything in Photoshop, which means their work is halted.
Check out our solutions and if this problem persists, try one of these image editing tools from our fresh list.
This way you will avoid encountering Could not complete your request because of a program error message on your computer.
Did you find our fixes helpful? Do let us know in the comments section below!
FAQ: Learn more about Photoshop errors
- How do you fix could not complete your request because of a program error in Photoshop?
To fix this error, don’t hesitate to download the most recent Adobe Photoshop version. You may also try to unlock the library folder.
- How do I fix errors in Photoshop?
Reinstalling Photoshop may help you fix some of the most common errors. It is tedious work indeed, yet sometimes it might be the only solution.
- How do you reset Photoshop?
First, hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift buttons and open a file that opens with Photoshop. You’ll be prompted to delete the current settings, so don’t hesitate to click Yes.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.