How to pin Settings to the Start Menu in Windows 10
As we go on with the latest updates of Windows 10, we keep on discovering interesting new features. In this post, we’re going to talk about one of them, which is the possibility to add your favorite Settings to the Start menu. So if you want to find out how you can pin particular Settings pages located in the Settings application to the Start menu of Windows 10, follow this tutorial and the steps listed below.
Beside pining Settings to the Start menu, in this tutorial, you will also find out how to unpin the respective Settings options. In order to start the pining steps, go to the Settings page first located in the Start menu and continue from there.
How can I pin Settings to Start menu in Windows 10?
1. Use the Pin to Start menu
- Left click or tap on the “Start” feature.
- From the Start menu left click or tap on the Settings feature situated in the upper left side of the menu.
- Now you should have the Settings window in front of you.
- Left click or tap on the setting you wish to pin to the Start Menu of Windows 10.
- Now in the upper side of the Settings window next to the search dialog box you will have a “Pin” icon.
- Just left click or tap on the “Pin” icon and the setting you selected will be pinned to the Start menu in Windows 10
Note: After you pin a specific setting to the Start menu you will also notice that the “Pin” icon will change thus notifying you that the setting is already pinned.
Note 2: You can do the same steps for all the settings you wish to pin to the Start menu of Windows 10.
The latest Windows 10 OS versions also allow you to pin your favorite Settings page to the Start menu by simply right-clicking in the respective Settings page. Once you’ve done that, a quick Pin to Start menu will appear that lets you set the respective Settings page to the Start menu.
2. Create a desktop shortcut
If you want to quickly access certain Settings pages, you can also create a Settings shortcut on the desktop as an alternative to pinning Settings to the Start menu. All you need to do is right-click on your desktop, select New > Shortcut. A new window will pop-up allowing you to select the page that you want to add to the shortcut.
Here is the list of all the Settings commands in Windows 10:
|Settings app page||Command|
|Battery Saver Settings||ms-settings:batterysaver-settings|
|Date and Time||ms-settings:dateandtime|
|Family & other users||ms-settings:otherusers|
|Manage Wi-Fi Settings||ms-settings:network-wifisettings|
|Mouse & touchpad||ms-settings:mousetouchpad|
|Notifications & actions||ms-settings:notifications|
|Other Options (Ease of Access)||ms-settings:easeofaccess-otheroptions|
|Power & sleep||ms-settings:powersleep|
|Region & language||ms-settings:regionlanguage|
|Speech, inking, & typing||ms-settings:privacy-speechtyping|
If you wish to unpin the Setting from the Start menu read the lines below:
- Open the Start menu.
- Find the Setting you wish to unpin from the list.
- Right click or hold tap on that setting.
- From the menu that appears left click or tap on the “Unpin from Start” feature.
Note: Another quick way to unpin a setting is by going again to the Settings window as you did before, clicking on the setting you wish to unpin and left click or tap on the icon presented next to the search dialog box.
And you are all done, you now know exactly how to pin your Modern settings situated in the Settings app to the Start menu of your Windows 10 build 10041. Also along the way in this tutorial if you encounter any difficulties during the steps you are welcome to as us for help by writing in the comments section of the page situated below and we will help you further as soon as possible.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to Access Webcam Settings in Windows 10, 8.1
- Windows 10 April Update breaks audio settings [FIX]
- The Settings app crashes in Windows 10 April 2018 Update [FIX]
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Live streaming is quickly becoming one of the most important ways people use to broadcast themselves online. People use live streaming to cover a wide […]
It isn’t every day that you come across a corrupted memory dump file But when you do, you will rue your luck you did. That […]