- Nowadays video editors can be found everywhere left and right, but few are actually good.
- If you want a full package deal, then we recommend you give Cyberlink PowerDirector 365 a shot.
- To read all about similar tools, check out the guides from our Video section.
- For more reviews conducted by our experts, visit our dedicated Review section as well.
Nowadays with the help of powerful PCs and vivid imagination, pretty much anyone can start editing photos and videos as if they were an expert.
However, the difference between a good editor and a great one is the tool they use to create. For those who want to be great, the obvious choice is CyberLink’s PowerDirector 365
For those unfamiliar with Cyberlink’s PowerDirector 365 think of it as the consumer-friendly versions of professional market software titles Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer.
PowerDirector is loaded with all of the same essential editing tools as peers and it supports all of the latest formats and technologies as well.
In addition to being a fraction of the cost, it also includes unlimited access to a royalty-free stock video, image, and music catalog that is powered by the industry-leading Shutterstock.
PowerDirector 365 Features
The latest version of PowerDirector comes packed with exciting new features. With an updated mask designer, dynamic keyframe controls, customizable motion graphic titles, green screen editing, and the ability to add customized shape objects to create text bubbles and callouts within your videos, just to name a few.
Whether you’re new to editing or a seasoned pro, there are also instant creation tools to allow you to select templates from a vast library that are pre-designed with titles, transitions, and effects that you can then customize with a few clicks.
PowerDirector 365 is available as a subscription plan for $70/yr – significantly cheaper than its closest competitor Adobe’s Premiere Pro which costs more than $240/yr.
With PowerDirector 365, you’ll also get a lot more with its subscription plan.
Here’s a list of the features that you will get with a PowerDirector 365 subscription:
- Unlimited access to hundreds of thousands of premium and royalty-free stock photos, video footage, and background music from Shutterstock
- Unlimited access to CyberLink premium plug-ins, templates, cinematic effects, motion graphic titles, LUTs, and pro-level effects for video editing
- Expansive audio library with a growing collection of sound effects and background music tracks
- Always up-to-date with the latest features and updates
- Priority customer support
PowerDirector 365 System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 (64-bit only)
- Processor: Intel Core i-series or AMD Phenom II and above
- Standard Video: 128 MB VGA VRAM or higher
- 360-video: DirectX 11 compatible
- AI Plugin: 2GB VGA VRAM or higher
- Memory: 4GB required (6 GB or above recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 7 GB
- Burning Device: Burning drive is required for disc burning purpose
- Sound Card: Windows compatible sound card is required
- Internet Connection: Required for initial software and file format activation, downloading software updates (patches), and accessing to DirectorZone services
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768, 16-bit color or above
Installing PowerDirector 365
Once you’ve subscribed to PowerDirector 365, you will be able to access the program through the CyberLink Application Manager.
The application manager will also manage the software’s updates, as well as manage the additional plug-ins and effects that the PowerDirector 365 subscription provides.
Note: You will need an Internet connection to access your PowerDirector 365 license.
How do I get CyberLink PowerDirector 365?
Downloading and installing PowerDirector 365 is easy and it all starts by creating a CyberLink account. Proceed with the following:
- Go to the official PowerDirector 365 website
- Select Buy Now
- Select Annual or a Monthly Plan
- Create a CyberLink account
- Make your purchase
- Open the CyberLink Application manager and download PowerDirector 365
How do I use PowerDirector 365?
The best part of PowerDirector 365 is the powerful core editing software that is not only feature-rich, but it’s also easy to handle, even if you’re completely new to the video editing process.
All of the additional content that you can download besides the base program can also be downloaded, updated, and removed with the App Manager, and these include:
- Effect packs
- Video packs
- Audio packs
- Font packs
Is PowerDirector 365? for professionals?
The great thing about PowerDirector 365 is that it caters to both novice and expert editors alike.
What makes PowerDirector standout is that it packs all of the amazing features of its competitors and more into a substantially more affordable package.
PowerDirector caters to every level of the editor. Advanced editors can go straight into full mode and the interface will feel familiar with every editing tool that is standard to professional-grade platforms.
If you are new to editing, there are also options for a more approachable introduction to your first project. Additionally, you’ll have full access to their Learning Center with many video tutorials to guide you at any step in your editing journey.
There’s a wide variety of design packs that the PowerDirector 365 subscription includes that will allow you to expand the horizons of what you can create.
Go from stitching together clips to creating professional-grade cinema just by upgrading to the PowerDirector platform.
Even if you’re unsure about committing to an entire year’s subscription, you can go month-to-month while you explore the platform.
There’s even a free version with limited features that you can try as well before subscribing.
Professional video editing with an incredible pricing
PowerDirector 365 subscription:
- Annually – $54.99
- Monthly – $19.99
Enjoy one of the world’s leading video editing tools, now available as a subscription service with additional benefits!
Closing thoughts on PowerDirector 365
- More plug-ins compared to PowerDirector
- New plug-ins and effects added each month
- Unlimited access to Plug-ins and Effects
- Very cheap annual upgrade option
- Automatic product updates
- Additional cloud storage
- Internet access is required to use the software
Have you tried Cyberlink’s PowerDirector yet? Let us know what you think about this service by leaving us a message in the comments section below.