- If your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem, out-of-date drivers may be to blame.
- Choose to rely on a tool that can perform a fast and accurate update of your device.
- You should also think about running the Microsoft troubleshooter in order to fix the printer configuration problem.
- Clearing certain files followed by a system reboot is also an efficient idea that could do the trick.
Printers like most electronic devices can experience some errors during use. That’s why you need to be prepared with some easy and efficient troubleshooting techniques.
Users have reported that while printing a document they encountered a message that says Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem.
The error code and the cause of the error can be different based on the type of printer you are using and the actual problem.
If you are trying to troubleshoot this error with your printer, here are a couple of fixes that you can try in order to help you solve it.
How can I fix the printer configuration problem?
1. Run Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter
- Download the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter tool from the official site. Click on the installer to run the troubleshooter.
- In the Troubleshooter interface, select Printer and click on Next. It will scan the system and detect the problem.
- If asked, click on Try troubleshooting as an administrator.
- The troubleshooter will automatically apply any fixes and show the result.
- Close the troubleshoot and start the printer. Try to print a document and check for any improvements.
Microsoft offers a printer troubleshooter to help the user in case they are unable to print or connect the printer to their Windows 10 system.
This printer diagnostic tool will scan the system for printer-related issues and try to fix them automatically. Here is how to do it.
2. Update printer drivers
2.1. Perform a manual update
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type the line below and hit enter to open the Device Manager:
- Expand the Printer section in the Device Manager.
- Select your printer from the list of the printer (if you have multiple printers connected) and right-click on your printer.
- Select “Update Driver”.
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software“. Let Windows check for any updates. It will automatically download and install any updates.
If your printers driver is corrupted and malfunctioning due to incompatibility with the OS, it may result in unexpected configuration problem.
Try to update the printer driver from the Device Manager and check for any improvements.
2.2. Use a professional tool
You can also bring your updates to date with a tool that automatically scans your device for programs that need to be updated and provide you with an accurate report on the matter.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Clear Spooler Files
Stop Spooler Service
- Press Windows Key + R, to open Run. Type the line below and hit enter to open the Service function:
- In the Services list, locate Printer Spooler service.
- Right-click on Print Spooler and select Properties.
- Click on the Stop button and click OK. This will stop the spooler service.
- Keep the Services window open and proceed with the next steps.
If the previous troubleshooting tips did not help in resolving the error, you can try clearing spooler files and restart the spooler service.
Spooler service manages the printing job, hence clearing the old files and restarting the service can help fix the issue. Here is how to do it.
Clear Spooler Files
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type the line below and hit Enter:
- In the Printers folder, select all the files and delete them.
- Go back to the Service window, right-click on Printer Spooler and select Properties.
- Click on the Start button and click OK to start the service again.
- Make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Close the Services window and reboot the system. After the restart check, if the printer error is solved.
In order to fix the printer configuration problem, we also recommend that you clear the Spooler Service.
First, you need to stop the application then access the Printer Spooler Properties menu and modify certain settings if needed. Don’t forget to reboot the system after the procedure.
4. Make the printer sharable
- Press Windows Key + R, type Control to open Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, search for Devices and Printer. Open Devices and Printer.
- Now right-click on your Printer and select Printer Properties.
- Go the Sharing tab and check the Share this printer option.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Now try to print a document again and check if the error is resolved.
If your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem with the error code 0x8007, you need to make your printer shareable.
Access the Devices and Printers option from the Control Panel and follow the simple steps we described above in this step.
In this article, we analyzed all the available solution that would help you when your printer displays a message that says that it has experienced an unexpected configuration problem.
We’d like to hear more from you on this subject so feel free to drop us a comment in the section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can try running the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter. See other excellent solutions for fixing your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem.
One method is to check the Print Spooler status. See other great alternatives in this guide about fixing printer error 1726.
Not using the HP universal print drivers is a common cause for many users. Find out more in this guide on how to solve printer syntax error offending command in Windows.