Install Privacy Possum browser extension to block online tracking
Internet tracking got out of hand these days due to developing technologies that companies use to track users. The tracking process happens in the background, and you may have noticed it by now. A company may have monitored you if various sites begin displaying all kinds of product ads after you have been checking out the product on a single location. Fortunately, there’s a solution for preventing tracking, and it’s called Privacy Possum.
Privacy Possum’s best features
Here are the main features boasted by the current version of this extension:
- It blocks referrer headers that may reveal the browsing location.
- It blocks etag headers to prevent browser catching tracking – the extension strips and stores etag header data and compares it to third-party requests to the URL to determine whether the header is following you or not.
- It blocks cookies that track users via third-parties.
- It also blocks browser features that may be used to fingerprint users.
- Privacy Possum will run automatically, blocking elements without you needing to do anything more.
- The extension supports whitelist functionality.
- Privacy Possum lists blocked elements that are loaded in the interface.
In case you want to be secure while surfing the internet, you will need to get a full-dedicated tool to secure your network. Install now Cyberghost VPN and secure yourself. It protects your PC from attacks while browsing, masks your IP address and blocks all unwanted access.
Increase your online privacy with Privacy Possum
The interface of the extension comes with an on/off switch that you can use to deactivate the extension. The tool also shows blocking activity by displaying a number to the icon. If you click on the number, you’ll see just how many tracking related elements it managed to block and what’s the exact type of the blocked items. You can disable a blocked site by simply checking on the checkbox that’s placed in front of that particular blocked element.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window
- Full Fix: Mozilla Firefox is too slow on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- Google Container is a new Firefox add-on that blocks Google tracking
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]