Install Privacy Possum browser extension to block online tracking
Internet tracking got out of hand these days due to developing technologies that companies use to track users. The tracking process happens in the background, and you may have noticed it by now.
A company may have monitored you if various sites begin displaying all kinds of product ads after you have been checking out the product on a single location. Fortunately, there’s a solution for preventing tracking, and it’s called Privacy Possum.
Privacy Possum’s best features
Here are the main features boasted by the current version of this extension:
- It blocks referrer headers that may reveal the browsing location.
- It blocks etag headers to prevent browser catching tracking – the extension strips and stores etag header data and compares it to third-party requests to the URL to determine whether the header is following you or not.
- It blocks cookies that track users via third-parties.
- It also blocks browser features that may be used to fingerprint users.
- Privacy Possum will run automatically, blocking elements without you needing to do anything more.
- The extension supports whitelist functionality.
- Privacy Possum lists blocked elements that are loaded in the interface.
In case you want to be secure while surfing the internet, you will need to get a full-dedicated tool to secure your network. Install now Cyberghost VPN and secure yourself. It protects your PC from attacks while browsing, masks your IP address and blocks all unwanted access.
Increase your online privacy with Privacy Possum
The interface of the extension comes with an on/off switch that you can use to deactivate the extension. The tool also shows blocking activity by displaying a number to the icon.
If you click on the number, you’ll see just how many tracking related elements it managed to block and what’s the exact type of the blocked items. You can disable a blocked site by simply checking on the checkbox that’s placed in front of that particular blocked element.
Privacy Possum will successfully enhance privacy online, so make sure to download it and give it a go.
Get the extension for Mozilla as well.
UR Browser doesn’t need extensions to keep your private data untouched
Although the new kid in town, UR Browser, fully supports Chrome’s extensions, those are not required when it comes to privacy and safety. UR Browser comes with a built-in VPN, ad-blocker, and antivirus.
Not to mention that it blocks trackers and 3rd-party cookies with a rather ease.
You can choose one of the 3 Privacy modes at your disposal, based on the level of privacy you want to achieve.
Check it out today and see for yourself how private browsing can go hand in hand with a great interface and a plethora of customization features.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window
- Full Fix: Mozilla Firefox is too slow on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- Google Container is a new Firefox add-on that blocks Google tracking
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2018 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Microsoft released their Q4 earnings an it’s all good news. The giant registered amazing growth on all departments, increasing its share price by one third. […]
Microsoft released the latest 1908 Xbox One system update for the members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring. Along with it also comes the […]