FIX: Microsoft Publisher won’t print documents
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing application brought by Microsoft that puts emphasis on page layout and design.
There are plenty of differences but also the similarities between Publisher and Word.
Printing your Microsoft Publisher files
As such, it goes without saying that you may also need to print your works after you are done editing them.
Unfortunately, some users have reported that they are experiencing difficulties when trying to print their Publisher works.
Some users reported that they cannot print their works in color, while others stated that they cannot print their works at all.
1. How to print Microsoft Publisher works
1.1 Test your printer
Before putting the blame on Microsoft Publisher, test and see if your printer is working properly.
- Click Start and choose Devices and Printers
- Right-click the printer you are using and choose Printer Properties
- Click the Print Test Page button on the General tab.
If a test page prints, the device is working properly, and If not, Troubleshoot the issue
1.2 Adjust your printer settings
Select the File tab and click Print or press Ctrl-P
- Click Printer Properties
- Select the Effects tab, if available
- Click Print Document On in the Resize Options section
- Select the Scale to Fit check box
- Click OK to apply the changes.
2. Print Microsoft Publisher works in color
- Click File
- Print and then confirm that you have the settings to Composite RBG and not Composite Grayscale.
- Check your printer properties to confirm that you have not selected a grayscale option
Update your Printer drivers and Microsoft Office installs
1. Update Printer Driver
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialogue box and press enter to open the Device Manager
- In the Device Manager, expand Print queues.
- Look for the affected printer in the list, right-click it and choose Update Driver
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software
- Windows will look for any new update for the driver and download it
2. Repair MS Office
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type Control and press enter to open Control Panel
- Go to Programs
- Select Programs and Features
- Locate Microsoft Office and click on Change
- Select Quick Repair and click the Repair button.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Printer doesn’t print in color [SOLVED]
- Is my printer RGB or CMYK? [WE ANSWER]
- Outlook won’t print in color [PERMANENT SOLUTION]
A large number of VMware users have reported encountering the following error message: Not enough physical memory is available to power this virtual machine with […]
Some users have reported that they are having problems when trying to log in their Uplay client. Apparently, they receive an error message that looks […]