FIX: Microsoft Publisher won’t send emails
Microsoft Publisher includes options for sending documents in emails. That application enables users to send embedded newsletter documents in emails to contacts. However, Publisher’s embedded email feature doesn’t always work for some users. Publisher cannot complete the operation is one error message that might pop up when users can’t send emails with the application. Here are a few troubleshooting tips for fixing Publisher when it doesn’t send emails.
How to Fix Publisher’s Emailing
1. Select Outlook as the Default Email Software
- Outlook must be Windows’ default email software for users to send documents within Publisher. To change the default mail software in Windows 10, click the Type here to search button.
- Then enter the keyword ‘default’ in the search box.
- Select Default apps to open the window shown directly below.
- Click the current default Mail app to open the Choose an application window.
- Select Outlook to be the default email software.
2. Check the Publisher and Outlook Versions Match
Users won’t be able to send embedded document emails from Publisher if they don’t have matching Publisher and Outlook versions. For example, users with Publisher 2013 will need Outlook 2013. So, some users might need to check that their Publisher and Outlook versions match up.
Users who have updated their Outlook software might need to revert back to the previous versions that match the Publisher applications they’re utilzing, or vice versa. Uninstall the more update software, and then reinstall the old Outlook or Publisher versions.
3. Change the Document’s Fonts
Errors can arise when users try to send Publisher document emails that include non-standard web fonts and formatting. Publisher sends newsletter emails with HTML formatting. Thus, some users might need to replace unusual fonts in the documents they’re trying to send with standard web fonts. Arial, Times New Roman, Helvetica, and Times are some of the most standard web fonts.
Note that it’s better to utilize Publisher’s email newsletter templates for emailing documents with the application. Those are HTML formatted newsletters that should work just fine with Publisher’s embedded email feature. To do that, select E-mail and Newsletter within Publisher’s template type list.
4. Repair MS Office
- Some Publisher users have confirmed they’ve fixed Publisher cannot complete the operation errors for sending emails with MS Office’s repair utility. Users can do that by opening Run with its Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Open Programs and Features by entering ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run and clicking OK.
- Select the MS Office suite in Programs and Features.
- Select the Change option.
- Users can then select either a Quick Repair or Online Repair option. Select the more thorough Online Repair option.
- If it’s an MSI-based Office, users will need to select the Repair option; and then click the Continue button.
5. Send the Email as a PDF Attachment
If the above fixes don’t do the trick, try sending the document as a PDF email attachment from Publisher instead, which is usually a more reliable method. The PDF will also retain the exact formatting of the Publisher document. To do that, click File, Share, and E-mail within Publisher; and then select the Send as PDF option.
The resolutions above might fix Publisher’s email feature for some users. Remember, however, that users can also send email newsletters with web apps such as MailChimp.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: Microsoft Publisher won’t open on Windows 10
- FIX: Microsoft Publisher won’t print documents
- FIX: Microsoft Publisher won’t save files as PDF