Microsoft Publisher is an application used for desktop publishing from Microsoft. It is different from Microsoft Word in that the focus is put on page layout and design rather than text composition and proofing.
This makes Microsoft Publisher extremely common within businesses, and as such plenty of issue have been reported everywhere.
Users have reported that they encounter problems with Microsoft Publisher, in that it doesn’t seem to launch at all.
How to fix Microsoft Publisher launch issues
1. Your Microsoft Publisher installation is outdated
By default, all Microsoft Office components encounter an error when they are outdated and you try to launch them. Y
ou may update your Office apps by accessing this link.
This web-page will provide you with both the instructions on how to update Office.
More so, it will guide you on how to troubleshoot it as well if the updates fail to initialize.
2. Launch Microsoft Publisher in safe mode
By opening these apps in Office Safe Mode will enable you can see if there are add-ins which may be causing issue with launching the app.
You can do this by following these steps:
- Find the shortcut icon for your Office application.
- Press CTRL key and double-click the Microsoft Publisher shortcut
- Click Yes when prompted to start the application in Safe Mode
Additionally, you can do the same by following these steps:
- Right-click the Start button
- Click Run
- In the Run box, type mspub /safe
- Click OK
3. Install a fresh copy of Microsoft Publisher
- Remove your old Microsoft Office installation
- Visit the Microsoft Office product page
- Buy the Office package of your choice
- Log in using your Microsoft account credentials
- Select Install Now to save the installation file on your PC
- Double-click on the downloaded file
- Follow the on-screen instructions of the setup wizard
If all else fails, you should consider performing a complete Windows re-install, or contacting official Microsoft support.