How to make Rainbow Six Siege load faster on PC
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is a game that challenges players to engage in massive sieges. They’ll confront smart enemies that know how to transform their environments into strongholds and prevent breach by Rainbow teams.
Rainbow Six Siege offers a series of interesting tools to players, allowing them to combine tactical maps, observation drones, and a new rappel system. Unfortunately, jumping into action can take longer than expected due to slow loading times. Players may experience this issue when starting the game, or when they come back to their PC after a break.
How to speed up Rainbow Six Siege’s loading time
1. Clean your PC
- Update your antivirus and then run a full system scan
- Install a dedicated anti-spyware or anti-malware tool
- Delete unnecessary files and folders with Disk Cleanup
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove all the programs that you rarely or never use
- Defrag your hard drive: type “defragment’ in the Search menu > select the first result > hit Enter > select the drive where you installed the game > go to Analyze > Optimize.
- Make sure that Ubisoft, Steam and Rainbow Six Siege are all installed on the same hard drive.
2. Use an SSD
If possible, move the game on an SSD. The loading times will significantly improve.
3. Close the Uplay Overlay
After Rainbow Six Siege launched, open the Uplay Overlay and and close it again. In this manner, you’ll skip all the intro videos, as well as the “Press any key” screen.
4. Close all running background applications
Background apps can slow down the game loading process. Close all running background apps before starting your game.
- Type “msconfig‘ in the Search menu > hit Enter to launch the system configuration utility.
- In the General tab > select Selective Startup > uncheck Load Startup Items.
- Click Apply > OK > reboot your computer.
5. Flush your DNS
The DNS cache stores the IP addresses of the websites that you have recently viewed. You need to clear them from time to time in order for your PC to communicate with game servers correctly.
- Go to the start menu > type cmd > select Command Prompt (Admin)
- Type in the command ipconfig /flushdns
6. Turn on frame limit at 120FPS
Some players report that turning on the frame limit to 120 FPS improves the loading time. It appears that much of the CPU’s processing power is being used to render frames instead of loading the game.
Also, lower your game settings — the higher the settings, the longer the loading time.
We hope the tips listed above helped you to improve Rainbow Six Siege’s loading time. If you’ve come across other solutions to fix this issue, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
6 solutions to fix Unhandled Exception Errors Perform clean boot Perform SFC scan Run the Hardware Troubleshooter Perform virus scan Un-install and re-installing .NET Framework […]
The yuletide season is here and shopping has already reached frenzied proportions. Also, your mom and dad are easily among the most important persons you […]
Trying to run the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Management console in Windows 10 can often lead to the Cannot load management console error. This again […]