Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- The Realtek audio driver is an essential part of your computer, as it allows your computer to communicate with the sound card in your PC.
- When this driver is not working correctly, you will need to download it but sometimes it can take excruciatingly long to download.
There is nothing worse than having your computer not work correctly. You try to update your drivers but the process is taking forever. This is what seems to be happening with the Realtek audio driver.
If the Realtek audio driver is taking a long time to download, it may cause a lot of problems. Sometimes, the driver will not install properly and some other times, there could be an error in your system that causes the issue.
Why is Realtek audio not installing?
Sometimes you can get stuck in the middle of downloading the Realtek audio driver for hours. If it is taking an unusual amount of time to download drivers, there could be an issue. Below are a few:
- Check your internet connection – You may be experiencing slow downloads because of a poor internet connection or lack of bandwidth. If your download speed is low, try using another device or computer to download the file on another network.
- Your computer might not have enough memory – Keep in mind that there might not be enough memory available for installation purposes. If your computer has less than 1 GB of RAM, then it probably won’t have enough.
- Faulty network adapter – If you have a faulty network adapter or one that’s not functioning properly, it can cause the download process to get stuck. It’s also possible that your Internet service provider is having issues with its servers.
- Outdated antivirus software – Some antivirus programs are known for slowing down computers due to all of the extra services they run in the background when scanning files for viruses and malware. It is also possible that there is malware present in your system.
How long does it take to download the Realtek Audio driver?
Downloading the Realtek Audio driver is generally quick and easy, but it can vary. The answer is that it depends on the speed of your internet connection, the speed of your computer, and the size of your download.
However, there are still some things you can do to boost the download speed. You can close any background programs or install speed boosters.
If you want an automated solution to update the Realtek drivers as well as all your other outdated drivers, we recommend Outbyte Driver Updater, a tool specialized in driver updates.
Outbyte Driver Updater uses a database of over 18 million driver files regularly updated to keep your system in top shape. It will scan for all outdated drivers and safely update each one of them.
Outbyte Driver UpdaterIf you keep all your drivers up to date, you should not face any more problems.
What can I do if the Realtek audio driver is taking too long to download?
As always, we recommend you perform preliminary checks and then move on to the advanced solutions if they don’t work:
- Try closing other running background applications as it can also help improve download speeds as well as increase performance.
- If you’re using a wireless connection, check your connection speed with an internet speed test tool.
- Switch from a wireless connection and connect an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that you have enough free space on your hard drive.
Now, let’s move on to the more technical solutions.
1. Update router firmware
Your router can sometimes be a problem due to slow downloads, especially if it’s old and outdated. To make sure it isn’t causing problems, check the router manufacturer’s website and see if there are any new updates available for your model.
If there are, install them and restart your computer before trying again. In case your router has reached its end days, it may be time to upgrade to a new router with a stable internet connection.
2. Check for viruses on your computer
- Press the Windows key, search Windows Security and click Open.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Next, press Quick scan under Current threats.
- Wait for the process to finish and restart your system.
3. Temporarily disable the firewall
- Hit the Windows button, type Windows Security in the search bar, and click Open.
- Click on Firewall & network protection then select Public network.
- Locate Microsoft Defender Firewall and toggle the off button.
4. Update your OS
- Hit the Windows key and select Settings.
- Click on Windows update, then select Check for updates.
- Download and install if any are available.
5. Use another browser
If you’re experiencing slow downloads on one browser, we recommend you try another one. Sometimes different browsers can be at fault for slow downloads. That might make it easier for your computer to download the file.
Opera One for instance is a good alternative. It is fast and reliable making it the perfect choice for downloads. You can also try clearing your cookies and history and then restarting your browser.
Aside from the driver taking forever to download, you may also experience a situation where the Realtek audio driver keeps reinstalling itself so don’t hesitate to visit our article on the same.
We also have a detailed guide on what to do if the Realtek audio manager keeps popping up so be sure to check that out too.
Let us know whether you have been able to solve this issue in the comments section below.