- If you wonder how to recover deleted archived emails in Gmail, you've come to the right place.
- In this article, we show you a few easy steps to get back your archived messages.
- We have an extensive collection of articles focused on this email client, that you can find in the Gmail Hub.
- For a wider perspective on the G-Suite tools, go to our Google area on our website.
Are you wondering how to recover deleted or archived Gmail messages? There is no need to worry, this post is for you.
Archived Gmail is neither saved in the Starred folder nor seen in the Inbox folder in your Gmail account. However, you can access the archived messages in the All Mail folder.
Sometimes, Windows users delete archived emails accidentally or intentionally, but they may need to recover them. However, emails from the Trash folder may not be recovered if they are deleted manually or automatically after the 30 day waiting period.
If you have yet deleted the archived Gmail from the Trash folder on your Gmail account, then this issue is solvable, but if otherwise, you may have to contact the Gmail server administrator to help you recover your emails.
How to recover archived Gmail messages deleted by accident
1. Undelete from Trash
- Login to your Gmail.
- On the left side of the page, click More. From here, go to Trash.
- In the Trash folder, check the box next to any messages you want to recover.
- Now, click on the Move icon, and then select Inbox.
- Select where you want to move the messages.
This method requires identifying the specific message which you deleted from the archive; you should take your time in checking the box next to the messages.
Alternatively, you can search for the deleted message in the search bar and move it back to the Inbox or Archived folder.
2. Use an alternative email client
Perhaps it’s time you changed the email client altogether since there are many great alternatives available that can replace Gmail.
Currently, Mailbird is one of the most popular email clients and also one of the best email apps for Windows 10.
The tool comes extremely handy, syncing all your emails and contacts from multiple accounts in one unified Inbox. Plus, it brings a lot of easy-to-set customizable features and options to serve the mentioned purpose.
Users praise Mailbird for the minimalist user interface, its low impact on the system, plus the ease to use a lot of convenient shortcuts.
MailbirdUse Mailbird to benefit from seamless, lightweight emailing experience that brings all your email accounts to one place.
3. Use Microsoft Outlook
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and login to the email account.
- Click on the “Mail Folder” tab and then “Deleted Items”.
- Now, right-click on the deleted archived message and select “Move to folder” option.
- Then, click on “Inbox to move the deleted message to the “Inbox” and wait for the process to be completed.
Some companies/organizations use Microsoft Exchange server for their corporate email address.
In addition, it is also possible to create a custom domain email with Gmail by using G-Suite available at a reasonable price per user every month.
4. Contact Gmail Support Team
Another option for retrieving the deleted archived message is to contact the Gmail Support Team. Sometimes, the Trash folder may have been cleared either accidentally or automatically; however, you can send a request to the Gmail Support Team to help you recover deleted messages in your Gmail account.
If you intend to reach out to Gmail Support Team, go to Gmail’s missing emails page.
Fill out the form and enter essential details such as your email address where the deleted archived emails have been deleted from, whether you are currently logged in, and a short description of the problem (nature of the deleted email).
After you have filled out the form, click on the Submit button; the Gmail Support Team will definitely recover the deleted email for you.
In conclusion, you can use any of these methods to recover deleted archived Gmail messages on your Windows PC. We would like to hear from you most especially based on the addressed issue; you can comment below if you have any questions.