How to Remove Recent Files from Quick Access in Windows 10
If you are a Windows 10 user and you are wondering if you can remove the recent files stored in the Quick Access folder,then the answer to your question is ‘Yes’. So, follow the steps listed below to learn how to remove recent files from Quick Access in Windows 10. All this will take just five minutes of your time.
The Quick Access feature of Windows 10 also includes two categories of files: the Frequent folders and also the Recent files which is the one we will be focusing on this article. Seeing that a lot of the Windows 10 users want their privacy on the device to be as safe as possible, here’s how to delete or remove the recent files from the File Explorer‘s new feature Quick Access.
Delete recent files from Quick Access
1. Change Folder and search options
- From the Start menu of your Windows 10 operating system, you will need to left click or tap on the “File Explorer” feature to open it.
- Left click or tap on the “File” feature that is situated in the upper left side of the File Explorer window.
- Now from the “File” menu, left click or tap on the “Change Folder and search options” feature.
- The Folder Options window should pop up.
- Left click or tap on the “General” tab situated in the upper side of the “Folder options” window.
- Under the General tab locate the “Privacy” topic situated in the lower side of this window.
- Uncheck the box next to the “Show recently used files in Quick Access:” feature presented there.
Note: If you are interested in disabling the frequently used folders feature you will only have to uncheck the box next to the “Show frequently used folders in Quick Access” feature.
- After you unchecked the box, you will need to left click or tap on the “Apply” button situated right at the bottom of the “Folder options” window.
- Left click or tap on the “OK” button in order to close this window.
- And now you are done, you can go ahead and check if your recent files are disabled in Quick Access.
2. Remove individual Recent Files from Quick Access
If you want to delete individual files from Windows 10 Quick Access, here are the steps to follow:
- Launch File Explorer > click on the Quick Access option in the left hand pane
- Scroll down to Recent files and extend the list
- Select the file(s) that you want to delete > right-click on them > select Remove from Quick Access.
I am sure that any user of the Windows operating systems will manage to follow this tutorial in no more then 10 minutes of their time. If you ran into any issues along the way,write us in the comments section below and we will help you as soon as possible.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- SOLVED: Windows 10 Quick Access error
- Fix: Destination Folder Access Denied in Windows 10, 8.1
- Here’s how to list recently opened files and programs in Windows
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Even though Sticky notes is a greatly useful application, but some users reported that Sticky Notes keeps resizing. The most common trigger for this issue […]
The Windows Backup Server execution failed (0x80080005) error is one that can pop up for some users attempting to back up data or set up […]
FIFA 19 is a football simulation video game developed and published by Electronic Arts. Millions of gamers play this game on a daily basis, making […]