If you are one of our Windows 10 users who are wondering if they can remove the recent files that you can find in the Quick Access feature of the new operating system then the answer to your question is yes. So by reading the lines posted below you will in just five minutes of your time find out how to remove recent files from the Quick Access feature available in Windows 10.
The Quick Access feature of Windows 10 also includes two categories of files: the Frequent folders and also the Recent files which is the one we will be focusing on this article. Seeing that a lot of the Windows 10 users want their privacy on the device to be as safe as possible you can find out how to delete or remove the recent files from the File Explorer’s new feature Quick Access.
Tutorial on how to remove your recent files from the Quick Access app in Windows 10
- From the Start menu of your Windows 10 operating system you will need to left click or tap on the “File Explorer” feature to open it.
- Left click or tap on the “File” feature that is situated in the upper left side of the File Explorer window.
- Now from the “File” menu you will need to left click or tap on the “Change Folder and search options” feature.
- The Folder Options window should pop up.
- Left click or tap on the “General” tab situated in the upper side of the “Folder options” window.
- Under the General tab locate the “Privacy” topic situated in the lower side of this window.
- Uncheck the box next to the “Show recently used files in Quick Access:” feature presented there.
Note: If you are interested in disabling the frequently used folders feature you will only have to uncheck the box next to the “Show frequently used folders in Quick Access” feature.
- After you unchecked the box you will need to left click or tap on the “Apply” button situated right at the bottom of the “Folder options” window.
- Left click or tap on the “OK” button in order to close this window.
- And now you are done, you can go ahead and check if your recent files are disabled in Quick Access.
I am sure that any user with a minimum knowledge of the Windows operating systems will manage to do this tutorial in no more then 10 minutes of their time but if you do run into any issues along the way in the steps above you can write us in the comments section of the page situated below and me or one of my colleagues will help you as soon as possible.