- The Res ieframe.dll error is found on Internet Explorer.
- To start resolving this issue, update your browser, and clear the temporary files.
- Explore some more troubleshooting guides by visiting our extensive fix Windows 10 errors section.
- Don't hesitate to bookmark our useful Web Browsers Hub for more information on this topic.
Ieframe.dll is a Dynamic Link Library file for Internet Explorer that converts HTML code to webpages.
The res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#hrbl.net error is one of a few ieframe.dll issues that can arise for Internet Explorer users while browsing.
Here is what one user has to say on the Microsoft support forum about this issue:
When I open Internet Explorer 8 ,the following appears in the address: res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#
I cannot enter any web address in the address bar and the page keeps on refreshing!
It is worth mentioning that this error appears no matter what version of Internet Explorer you’re using.
Check out how to fix this issue by following the methods described below.
How can I fix the Res ieframe.dll errors?
1. Update Internet Explorer
- Navigate to the download page of the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Select your operating system from the drop-down menu.
- Click Download IE 11 and install it on your PC.
2. Clear temporary IE files
- Open your Internet Explorer browser.
- Click Tools.
- Select the Safety and Delete browsing history.
- Select the Temporary Internet files and website files checkbox.
- Click the Delete button.
3. Turn off IE’s add-ons
- Click the Tools button in your browser.
- Select the Manage add-ons option to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Select the All add-ons option on the Show drop-down menu.
- Then right-click the listed add-ons and select their Disable options.
4. Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R keys.
- Next, input inetcpl.cpl in the Open box, and press the OK button.
- Select the Advanced tab shown directly below.
- Click the Reset button to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Click Reset again to confirm.
5. Turn off the Windows firewall
- Press the Win + R keys.
- Type firewall.cpl in the text box and click OK to open the Windows Defender Firewall applet.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open further options.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall options on the Customize Settings window.
- Click the OK option to exit the window.
6. Configure IE to check for new webpage versions more often
- Enter inetcpl.cpl in the Run dialog box and click OK.
- Click Settings on the General tab.
- Select the Every time I visit the webpage radio button.
- Click the OK button.
7. Move IE’s Temporary Internet Files folder to its default path
- Ieframe.dll errors can also arise when Internet Explorer’s Temporary Internet Files folder isn’t in its default path. To fix that, open the Website Data Settings window as outlined for the resolution directly below.
- Click the Move to folder button on the Website Data Settings window.
- Expand the C: drive on the Browse for Folder window.
- Then open this path:
- Click the OK buttons on the windows.
- Select the Yes option if you’re prompted to log off.
We hope this guide has managed to resolve the res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#hrbl.net error easily.
These resolutions can also fix other ieframe.dll issues with different error messages.
Leave a comment in the section below to get into contact with us.
FAQ: Learn more about Res ieframe.dll errors
- Is error res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#hrbl.netexclusively an Internet Explorer issue?
Yes, as the ieframe.dll is a component of Internet Explorer.
- Will an antivirus scan fix the res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#hrbl.net error?
Yes, an antivirus scan could feasibly resolve the
- Can the res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#hrbl.net be a network issue?
Yes, this error message can be related to a network issue.