How to restore missing SNMP in Windows 10 [ULTIMATE GUIDE]
The SNMP (System Network Management Protocol) Service processes SNMP protocol requests. However, some users who have updated Windows 10 to version 1809 have said that SNMP is missing in the latest build version. That is not entirely surprising as SNMP is an optional feature in Windows 10 1809. Users can’t utilize SNMP in Windows 10 when that service is missing.
How do I enable System Network Management Protocol (SNMP) in Windows 10? Firstly, install SNMP with PowerShell. That should restore the missing Windows Feature. Alternatively, add SNMP via Settings or via Control Panel.
Read the instructions below.
This Is how Users can Restore Missing SNMP in Windows 10
1. Install SNMP With PowerShell
- Users have confirmed that they’ve restored SNMP in Windows 10 1809 by installing it via PowerShell. To do that, open Cortana by pressing the Type here to search button on the taskbar.
- Enter ‘PowerShell’ as the keyword in the search box.
- Right-click Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
- First, enter Get-WindowsCapability -Online -Name “SNMP*” in PowerShell, as in the shot directly below, and press Return.
- Input Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name “SNMP.Client~~~~0.0.1.0” and press Enter.
- Then enter Get-WindowsCapability -Online -Name “SNMP*” in PowerShell, and press the Return key.
- Thereafter, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Input ‘services.msc’ in Run, and click the OK button.
- Then users can check if the Services window includes the SNMP Service. If so, the above fix did the trick.
- Double-click SNMP Service to open the window directly below.
- Then check the service’s Startup type is configured to Automatic.
- Click Start if the service is currently stopped.
- Select the Apply and OK options.
2. Add SNMP via Settings
- Alternatively, users can enable SNMP in Windows 10 1903 via the Settings app. First, click the Start button; and then press the Settings button.
- Select Apps to open options shown below.
- Then click Manage optional features to open the Settings page in the snapshot below.
- Press the Add features button.
- Then select the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and press the Install button.
3. How to Turn On SNMP in Windows 10 1803
- Users who need to enable missing SNMP in Windows 10 1803, or earlier build versions, can do so via Windows Features. To do that, open the Run accessory.
- Open Programs and Features by entering ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run and clicking OK.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off to open the window in the image directly below.
- Then check the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) option, and click the OK button.
So, that’s how users can restore a missing SNMP Service in Windows 10 1903 and earlier build versions. Then users can utilize SNMP in Windows 10.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Windows Backup Server execution failed (0x80080005) error [FIX]
- TP-Link Powerline adapter Unidentified Network error [FIX]
- Fix: Antivirus is blocking Internet or Wi-Fi network
If you find that you are a server administrator but you still don’t have permission to a specific file or folder, you came to the […]