New to Revolut? Want to top up your account and you don’t know how? Well, you came to the right place.
Adding money to Revolut is pretty simple and straightforward, but a lot of new users encounter issues when trying to top up their accounts.
If you’re in the same boat, keep reading and you’ll find all the info you need.
How do I add money to Revolut?
1. Adding money by card
- First, you’ll need to open the Revolut app on your Android or iOS device.
- You’ll see an Add money button. Tap on it.
- Now add your card details (your 16-digit card number, expiry date, CVC code, billing postal/ZIP code).
- After that, enter the amount you want to top up and your deposit will instantly appear in your wallet.
Keep in mind that if any of the card information is wrong, your deposit will fail the security checks and it will take up to 5 days to get your money back in the bank account.
2. Adding money by bank account
- Open Revolut on your Android or iOS device.
- Optionally, if you need local and international transfer details, you can go to Account details, under the Profile section of the app.
- Now select the currency that you want to add to your account.
- Make sure to select the same currency in Revolut as the currency of your bank account to avoid any exchange rates.
- Depending on which currency you transfer, you’ll have to use your unique local account details, IBAN details, and SWIFT details. For your funds to go straight to your account, make sure that the reference/description of your transfer is the 8-digit reference number highlighted in pink with no other text.
If you don’t select the correct currency in the app, your transfer might not arrive.
Also, you can receive transfers from family, friends, or even your employer directly into your Revolut account by using the transfer details mentioned at step 2.
Unable to top up in Revolut
Some Revolut users have reported that they are receiving the We are sorry, something has gone wrong. Please try later. error message and are unable to top up their account:
I used Revolut since almost a month now and it worked perfectly until yesterday. I don’t receive the verification code but the message “We are sorry, something has gone wrong. Please try later”. I tried many times but it sill doesn’t work for no reason. I noticed regular similar issues on the forum but I can’t find any answer. Could someone help me?
If you’ve encountered the same error, make sure that the card/bank information are correctly set up and you didn’t changed your credential by mistake.
Also check if you selected the correct currency.
If there’s no problem with the credentials and info, try the next steps:
- Logout and login back again.
- Check in the iOS/Android store for app updates.
- Clear the app‘s data.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Check for firmware updates.
Adding money to your Revolut account is not very hard, but you’ll have to pay attention to the personal information and currency. If any of the info is entered incorrectly, your deposits won’t work.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.
- How to use different currencies with Revolut
- Can’t use your Revolut card online? Check out these solutions
- Revolut is not compatible with your device? Try these methods