‘Do you also want to save changes to the document template’ Microsoft Word message
Lots of MS Word users set up documents with templates. However, the application has one template issue that prompts users to save changes even when they’ve made no modifications. A dialog box window opens stating, “Do you also want to save changes to the document template?” Of course, you don’t need to save any changes when you haven’t made any adjustments to the document. This is how you can fix the “save changes to the…” issue in Word.
Do you also want to save changes to the document template?
Switch off MS Word’s Add-ins
This issue is largely due to Word’s add-ins. Some of the application’s add-ins temporarily modify the document templates. As such, switching the add-ins off is the best way to resolve this issue.
- To disable add-ins, open MS Word, click the File tab and select Options to open the software’s settings window.
- Click Add-ins on the left of the Word Options window. That will open a list of your active and inactive application add-ins.
- Each add-in has a type category, such as COM, Template and Action. Click the Manage drop-down menu and select a type from there.
- Press the Go button to open a window that displays all the add-ins which fit within the type selected from the drop-down menu.
Now you can deselect the check boxes for the active add-ins to disable them.
- Press the OK button to close the window.
Switch the Send to Bluetooth Add-in off
Switching all active add-ins off as outlined above will probably fix the “save changes to the…” issue. However, this template issue is usually due to the Send to Bluetooth add-in. That sends files to any Bluetooth device paired with a desktop or laptop. If that’s one of your active add-ins, disable it before the others. Select COM Add-ins from the Manage drop-down menu, and then deselect the Send to Bluetooth check box. Press the OK button to close the COM window.
Add-ins are the primary factor behind save changes dialog box errors in MS Word. Switching them off will ensure that the “save changes to the…” dialog box prompt only opens when it’s supposed to. That can also fix Word’s save changes to global template dialog box, which might also pop up when you’ve made no adjustments to a template.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: “Microsoft Word has stopped working” error
- How to fix ActiveX error 429 in Windows 10, 8 or 7
- Blank page when printing from Internet Explorer [FIX]
Thanks to the latest advancements in video technology, we tend to shoot videos in the best possible quality our devices can handle. This pursuit of […]
Just a couple of weeks to go for Christmas and it’s raining deals already. It’s that time of the year when shopping is in full […]
Making a decision to purchase VR Christmas gifts for self or loved ones can be an exciting addition to the festivity this season. But making […]