But, if you’re the only person using the computer, this can become annoying over time, and you might want to start your computer automatically. So, if you belong to this category, we have a solution.
This action is actually very simple and it doesn’t require any registry hacks or tweaks, all you need to do is to change a couple of settings in your User Account.
How to remove the login screen in Windows 10
Solution 1: Use netplwiz
Here’s exactly what you need to do to prevent Windows 10 from requesting a password of your Microsoft account every time you turn your computer on:
- Go to Search, type netplwiz and hit Enter
- Uncheck Users must enter a username and password to use this computer
- Enter and repeat your password and click OK
- Restart your computer and it should sign in automatically, without requesting a password
If you change your mind and decide to turn on password request at login again, you just repeat the process, so go to netplwiz and check ‘Users must enter a username and password to use this computer’ again. Simple and easy.
We advise you to perform this action only if you’re one hundred percent sure that no one else will use your computer, because it will leave it completely unprotected, so if you’re using Windows 10 at work, keeping your computer safe is the better idea for sure.
This method also works in Windows 8, so if you’re still using that operating system, you now know how to get rid of password request at login.
Solution 2: Use Group Policy
Another way to get rid of the Windows 10 login screen is to disable this feature directly from the Group Policy Editor. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to Start > type ‘group policy‘ > double click on the feature ‘Edit Group Policy‘ to launch it
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System
- Now, locate the option ‘Logon’ > go to ‘Don’t display the Getting Started welcome screen at logon”.
- All you need to do is enable this option and the login screen will no longer appear when you start your computer.
So, this is how you can skip the Windows 10 welcome screen when logging in.
If you have any other Windows 10-related problems, you can search for the solution in our Windows 10 Fix section.
RELATED GUIDES TO CHECK OUT:
- Full Fix: Unable to Login with my Microsoft Account in Windows 10
- Fix: Windows 10 login screen missing
- Here’s a solution for Windows 10 black screen login issues
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.