Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Price: €14.95Download now
Piriform Speccy is a safe software tool for Windows 10, Windows 7, and older. It shows your computer’s specifications, including temperatures. Created by the same team behind CCleaner, Speccy is one of the best programs to monitor PC performance.
Learning the software and hardware specifications of your computer system is useful in many scenarios. For instance, it can help you determine your drivers so that you can manually download the latest driver updates.
It’s particularly crucial for hardcore gamers and those who frequently work with resource-demanding applications thinking about upgrading to better hardware and must research the market.
Whatever the case may be, it’s worth having a software tool for monitoring your system’s performance, such as Speccy.
- Get in-depth hardware and software specs about your PC
- Monitor temp levels in the systray
- Compare snapshots between different system states
What does Speccy do?
Speccy is a small but powerful piece of software that automatically detects the hardware and software characteristics of your operating system, loading all information in a simple window. Although you can do this without resorting to third-party applications, Speccy’s merit is that it gathers all required info on its own, showing it in a user-friendly graphical interface.
Is Speccy safe?
Piriform Speccy is 100% safe. It’s a legitimate software product created by the same team behind CCleaner. After scanning it with VirusTotal, you will receive a perfect clean score, so Speecy has no malware. Furthermore, it doesn’t change system settings.
You should be happy to know that Speccy is a freeware application so that you can benefit from all its options and configuration settings at no cost. There are no time limitations.
However, if you’re interested in automatic updates and premium support, then you should consider upgrading to Speccy Professional.
Speccy system requirements
No special hardware equipment is necessary to use Speccy on your PC. It works with:
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
How to install Speccy
After downloading the small-sized setup file, you can begin installation immediately. Piriform also offers to download CCleaner in addition to Speccy, but you can decline this offer if you’re not interested. It’s also possible to add or prevent program shortcuts.
Another aspect worth noting is that Speccy has two distinct launcher files for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, depending on your computer’s architecture type. To find out what you need on Windows 10, go to Settings -> System -> About and take a look at the System type.
Speccy autodetects your system specs at startup, so you don’t have to press a scan button to initialize this task. As far as the graphical interface is concerned, Speccy has a dark and pleasant look.
It neatly organizes info in distinct categories: Summary, Operating System, CPU, RAM, Motherboard, Graphics, Storage, Optical Drives, Audio, Peripherals, and Network.
Here’s the type of information you can learn about your PC with Speccy’s help:
- Operating system: Windows Security Center, Updates, Defender, Antivirus, .NET Framework versions, Internet Explorer and PowerShell versions, uptime and last boot time, timezone, scheduled tasks, hotfixes, system folders, process list, security options, device tree
- CPU: cores, threads, code name, family, instructions, virtualization, hyperthreading, fan speed, temperature
- RAM: memory type, size, channels, DRAM frequency and slots, physical memory, SPD modules
- Motherboard: manufacturer, model, version, chipset, BIOS, and other motherboard info
- Graphics: monitor resolution and state, GPU manufacturer, clock, temperature, core voltage, memory type, bandwidth, driver and BIOS version, performance levels
- Storage: HDD serial number, firmware, power on count and time, speed, features, maximum and used transfer mode, interface, capacity, S.M.A.R.T attributes
- Audio: sound cards, playback and recording devices
- Peripherals: HID keyboard device and mouse, printers
- Network: Internet access, public and private IP address, DHCP, preferred DNS server, gateway, computer name and workgroup, remote desktop, proxy server, sharing and discovery, adapters, shares, current TCP connections
Take system snapshots and create reports
In addition to finding out the in-depth data about your computer and operating system, it’s possible to take snapshots. It means that you can record the full info and save it to file. This is helpful if you plan to make changes at the software or hardware level, changes that Speccy reflects right away.
By taking a secondary snapshot after making the necessary modifications, you can compare snapshots and see precisely how your computer is affected. You can also print the data or save it as a TXT or XML file.
Use Speccy to show temperatures
If you head over to the options panel, you will be able to display metrics in the system tray or systray tooltip so that you can get a real-time reading of your CPU temperature, motherboard, graphics, or storage. And, if you’re wondering if Speccy temperatures are accurate, rest assured since they are.
You can control the refresh rate, ask Speccy to autostart as soon as you boot your computer, and skip the User Account Control (UAC) warning whenever using this tool. All program settings can be saved to an INI configuration file.
A great tool to monitor PC performance and view specs
All aspects considered, Speccy turns out to be a great system information viewer that also supports systray indicators to help you closely monitor the PC’s temperature levels. You don’t need special skills to take advantage of this application’s features fully.
As you would expect from such a lightweight tool, Speccy uses minimal system resources. Furthermore, it offers support for many UI languages. Besides, if you ever experience any Speccy crashes on Windows 10, there are always quick fixes that you can try.
FAQ: Learn more about Speccy
- What is Speccy?
Speccy is a system information viewer made by Piriform, the same team behind CCleaner. It shows system specifications on your Windows PC about software and hardware, including temperatures.
- Are Speccy temperatures accurate?
Yes, Speccy temperatures are accurate. It shows CPU, motherboard, GPU, and storage temps. When it comes to the CPU, you can view the average temperature and the temp for each CPU core.
- How much RAM do I have?
In Windows 10, right-click the Start button, open System and check Installed RAM. To view the current RAM usage, use Task Manager. But a better solution is to use tools to monitor system resources.