If you have lost or accidentally files from your computer, you can still try to get them back by resorting to software solutions specialized in data recovery. This kind of application scans your hard drive and identifies files that can be recovered, giving you the possibility to preview content and choose where you want to extract items.
Recoverit is an easy-to-use data recovery solution that works with Windows and Mac. It’s wrapped in an intuitive graphical interface and has simple options that can be operated by any type of users.
- Recover all types of files
- Supports all types of storage devices
- User-friendly interface and options
- Can't recover files larger than 30 Mb
- The free edition doesn't recover any files
Recoverit can help you recover lost or deleted files from your computer in different scenarios. It works if you emptied the recycle bin, removed files using Shift + Delete, formatted the drive, or accidentally damaged media devices. It also promises to deliver great results if your computer was hit by a virus or got malfunctioned due to other reasons.
Before reading our review for Recoverit, check out its system requirements, editions, setup, interface, and features.
Recoverit system requirements
Before you download and install Recoverit on your PC, make sure your system meets these conditions:
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (either 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003
- 1 Ghz or better processor
- At least 2 Gb RAM (4 Gb recommended)
- 100 Mb minimum disk space for program installation
- Administration rights
The data recovery tool isn’t freeware. But you can evaluate its scanner to find recoverable files in a free demo. There are no time limitations. On the downside, you can’t save any recovered files.
To lift this restriction, it’s necessary to purchase a software license for Recoverit. If you’re interested in this, you can choose from a one-month, one-year, or lifetime license. Furthermore, you can choose from Essential, Standard, and Advanced mode.
Recoverit installation and interface
Setting up Recoverit on your PC can be performed instantly by pressing the Install button. However, if you want to first change the language or setup path, make sure to switch to custom installation mode.
As far as the graphical interface is concerned, Recoverit has a simple and clean look. At program startup, you just have to select a location to start data recovery, whether it’s on a local or removable drive. You can also opt for advanced recovery mode from a crashed PC or if you want to repair video.
Simple and straightforward file recovery tool
Taking everything into account, Recoverit delivers a simple and straightforward solution for scanning your computer for lost or accidentally files, in order to recover intact data, whether we’re talking about precious photos, sensitive work documents, or homemade videos.
The application carries out scan tasks rapidly and uses minimal system resources in the process. It has an intuitive interface, supports multiple languages, and gives you the possibility to preview file contents.
On the other hand, Recoverit isn’t designed to recover files larger than 30 Mb. On top of that, the free demo doesn’t let you save any recovered files to the disk, making it impossible to evaluate its efficiency without purchasing a software license.
- Is Wondershare Recoverit free?
No, Recoverit isn’t free to use. You can only test its scanner in a free demo. However, if you want to save the recovered files to the disk, you have to buy a license.
- Is Wondershare Recoverit safe?
Recoverit is a legitimate software application designed to scan and recover deleted files from your computer. It doesn’t contain any malware, so it’s perfectly safe to download, install, and use.
- What is the best file recovery software?
Recoverit does a great job at scanning and recovering your lost or deleted files. However, if you’re looking for alternatives to Recoverit, you can check out Recuva, Pandora File Recovery, and Wise Data Recovery when it comes to the best file recovery tools for Windows.
Overview of Recoverit features
- Recover lost or deleted files from your computer
- Supports over 1,000 file types and all file systems, including NTFS, FAT, HFS+, APFS
- Scan any storage media, including local and external devices, SD cards, and USB drives
- Recover files that you lost due to BSOD errors
- Advanced recovery mode for crashed computers and video repair
- Perform a deep scan if the regular scan doesn’t return the desired results
- Explore scan results by file path or type
- Sorts files in photos, video, audio, documents, email, database, webfile, archive, miscellaneous, and no extension groups
- Preview images and raw files with random names
- Check out file details such as name, size, path, and modified date
- Use a search tool to quickly track down the files you’re looking for
- Pause and resume scanning jobs to pick up where you left off
- Choose from many interface languages
- View log files with the program’s activity
- Access the Windows Disk Management utility from the Recoverit menu
- Software Version
- Free demo
- recovery, undelete