Quite a large number of users reported experiencing an annoying issue when trying to use BBC iPlayer on their device. When attempting to play content on the BBC iPlayer, the error message Something went wrong. Error 02001 pops up on the screen. Although the software itself is the culprit in most cases, your devices may trigger this problem as well.
In order to fix the issue, we compiled a list of solutions that you can use right now.
Why BBC iPlayer won’t load programs?
1. Reset your internet connection
- Firstly, reboot your PC. If that doesn’t help, refreshing your internet connection could fix this iPlayer error. Simply disconnect your device from the internet and connect it back.
- If you’re using a wired connection, you can just unplug the cable and plug it back in. A wireless connection would require you to disable and enable back the connection through your device settings.
- Consider performing a hard reset to your modem/router as well. Turn off the modem/router and wait 10 minutes before turning it back on.
After you complete these tasks, check to see if this fixed the issue.
2. Update the smart TV’s firmware
Update the firmware automatically
- Press the Menu button on your remote control.
- Select the Support menu > choose Software Update.
- Choose Update Now and select Yes if there are updates found.
Update the firmware using a USB flash drive
- Find the device model on the sticker located on the back of the TV or from the device menu in the Support section.
- Access the official Samsung website, input your device model and download the updates, copying them to the USB flash afterward.
- Make sure that you copy the update files after you’ve unzipped the archive and be sure to have the USB flash formatted as a FAT32 type.
- Connect the USB flash to the TV and access the Support menu.
- Choose the Software Update option and find the option to update the software using a USB flash.
- The device will automatically find the updated files.
- Confirm the update installation and let the process automatically run.
3. Try to uninstall and reinstall the app
- Press the Home button on your remote control then choose APPS > Options.
- Now you can select iPlayer and choose to Delete.
- Press the Home button on your remote control and go to the APPS menu.
- Select the app icon in order to access the Samsung Store.
- There you can manually search for iPlayer and choose to install it.
- After installing it, check to see if it fixed the issue.
- Here’s what to do if Windows 10 doesn’t recognize your TV
- VPN blocked by BBC? Here’s how to bypass the restriction
- What to do if Windows 10 won’t connect to Samsung TV