- Many BBC iPlayer users reported that the service won't load programs, and displays the error 02001 instead.
- In order to fix this issue, you should consider resetting your Internet connection.
- To get rid of the BBC iPlayer error 02001 on your firestick, use a reliable VPN service.
- You should also update your smart TV's firmware by following our step-by-step guide below.
Many users reported experiencing an annoying issue when trying to use BBC iPlayer on their devices.
When attempting to play content on the BBC iPlayer, the 02001 error pops up on the screen with the following message:
Something went wrong loading this programme. This is usually a temporary problem. You can try this programme again or try a different programme.
Although the software itself is the culprit in most cases, your devices may trigger this problem as well. In order to fix the issue, we compiled a list of solutions that you can use right now.
How can I fix the BBC iPlayer 02001 error ?
1. Reset your Internet connection
- Firstly, reboot your PC. If that doesn’t help, refreshing your internet connection could fix this iPlayer error. Simply disconnect your device from the internet and connect it back.
- If you’re using a wired connection, you can just unplug the cable and plug it back in. A wireless connection would require you to disable and enable back the connection through your device settings.
- Consider performing a hard reset to your modem/router as well. Turn off the modem/router and wait 10 minutes before turning it back on.
After you complete these tasks, check to see if this fixed the issue. If the 02001 error still occurs, then you can try our solution below.
2. Use a reliable VPN
BBC iPlayer is a great Internet streaming, TV, and radio service from BBC delivered to viewers based in the UK.
For those who are not UK residents but want to enjoy their content, using a VPN service seems the best solution.
Also, due to the geo-restrictions users may encounter the 02001 error which prevents them from continuing streaming. But a reliable VPN service will get rid of this problem in no time.
Private Internet Access allows you to access geo-restricted content, like BBC’s iPlayer and many others. Additionally, you benefit from the highest-grade data encryption and secure connections.
With that being said, it only remains to get informed about the best VPNs for Windows devices and rejoice in your favorite BBC productions.
3. Update the smart TV’s firmware
3.1 Update the firmware automatically
- Press the Menu button on your remote control.
- Select the Support menu, and choose Software Update.
- Choose Update Now, and select Yes if there are updates found.
Also, if you are looking for the best browser to stream movies and TV shows, you can take a closer look at our detailed guide for the best options to choose from.
3.2 Update the firmware using a USB flash drive
- Find the device model on the sticker located on the back of the TV or from the device menu in the Support section.
- Access the official Samsung website, input your device model and download the updates, copying them to the USB flash afterward.
- Make sure that you copy the update files after you’ve unzipped the archive and be sure to have the USB flash formatted as a FAT32 type.
- Connect the USB flash to the TV, and access the Support menu.
- Choose the Software Update option, and find the option to update the software using a USB flash.
- The device will automatically find the updated files.
- Confirm the update installation, and let the process automatically run.
Normally after updating the firmware using a USB flash drive the error 02001 on the BBC iPlayer should disappear.
4. Try to uninstall and reinstall the app
- Press the Home button on your remote control, then choose APPS, and select Options.
- Now you can select iPlayer, and choose to Delete.
- Press the Home button on your remote control, and go to the APPS menu.
- Select the app icon in order to access the Samsung Store.
- There you can manually search for iPlayer, and choose to install it.
- After installing it, check to see if it fixed the issue.
Many users have confirmed that after reinstalling iPlayer, error 02001 completely disappeared, and they were able to enjoy the streaming.
We hope that these solutions helped you to fix the BBC iPlayer 02001 error. For more suggestions or any other questions, please access the comments section below.