If you use Paypal frequently, you may have encountered Something went wrong on our end PayPal error. This issue can arise when you’re trying to reset your password or when attempting to log in to your PayPal account.
Additionally, the issue which is sometimes accompanied by the message about PayPal having some trouble completing your request may also arise when trying to checkout from an online store.
Now, Paypal tries to self-correct the hitch and some users actually succeed to carry out their desired transaction after retrying some minutes later. However, there are things you can do to rectify the frustrating issue. Let’s go through them:
How can I fix Looks like something went wrong PayPal error?
- Wait then retry
- Use an alternative to PayPal
- Clear your browser cache and cookies
- Change your browser
- Other Tips
- Contact PayPal support
1. Wait then retry
As I mentioned, Something went wrong on our end error is just a temporary glitch, and it can go away on its own.
Therefore, wait for a few minutes before retrying.
2. Use an alternative to PayPal
If the solutions in this guide yield no results, then maybe it is time to consider replacing PayPal and manage your finances using other means.
In the case at hand, the best solution to go for in case you can’t use PayPal anymore is Revolut.
This fantastic virtual credit card and banking service is one of the best in the world, thanks to the fantastic ways it manages to oversimplify the ways you can manage your funds, adjust budgets, make payments, and transfer or receive money.
All you need to do is download the mobile app, or go to their official website, register with your credentials, and you can get started right away. More so, in just a few working days, you will also receive a physical credit card, all without any additional costs.
Of course, if you own a device that has NFC possibilities, you may never have to actually touch the credit card at all.
Money transfer between users is incredibly easy since the app will automatically locate other phone contacts that have Revolut, and then after imputing the sum and currency, you can send the money instantaneously.
If you need an alternative service to PayPal, then there is no better than Revolut.
3. Clear your browser cache and cookies
Accumulated browsing history, cookies, passwords, and other browsing information may slow down your browsing software and make it unstable.
Subsequently, that can lead to Something went wrong on our end error message. fix this issue by clearing your cache like this:
- Open Chrome.
- Click More ( top right corner).
- Select More tools then Clear browsing data.
- Choose a relevant time range or select All time to erase everything.
- Check the boxes next to Cookies and other site data as well as Cached images and files (see above) then Click on Clear data.
- In Firefox, select the Menu button (three horizontal bars) then choose Options.
- Choose the Privacy & Security panel.
- Under Cookies and Site Data, click Clear Data….
- With the Cached Web Content check-marked, click on the Clear button.
- Open Microsoft Edge, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of your screen then choose Settings.
- Locate the Clear browser data section and click Choose what to clear.
- Check the applicable boxes including Cached data and files.
- Click the Clear button.
4. Change your browser
It’s possible that your browser is in very bad shape because of malware, harmful browser extensions, and faulty plugins so the only remedy could be shifting to a new browsing program.
So, try using Firefox, Edge or Chrome to access PayPal. Proceed to the following solution if the issue still appears.
5. Other Tips
Other ways that you can use to tackle the Something went wrong on our end PayPal setback includes trying to log in to PayPal from a different computer (on a different Internet connection) or even your phone.
And always try refreshing your page any time you’re logged in and a PayPal problem such as this emerges. Still, your antivirus might be messing up your PayPal gateway again bringing this nagging issue.
We, therefore, recommend that you temporarily pause your protection and see if the payment provider will work.
If after all these attempts you haven’t managed to fix Something went wrong on our end PayPal issue, reach out to their support team.
You can start by writing them an email explaining your situation.
- Log in, as usual, to your PayPal account.
- Click on Contact us (check the link near the bottom of the home page).
- Select a topic and sub-topic that best matches the something went wrong at our end PayPal fault.
- Click on Email us as shown.
- Type your message describing the details then click Send Email.
You can also call PayPal support on 000 1 402-935-2050.
It’s best not to select any options when your call goes through. Instead, wait until you are transferred to one of their agents. Alternatively, press 0 or say the word ‘Agent’ to access an agent.
There you go, these are some solutions that might help you with Something went wrong on our end PayPal error, so be sure to try them all.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.