- Spectrum is a company that provides Internet, telephone, and other wireless services along with cable TV services.
- Several users are unable to sign into their Spectrum TV app on their devices to view shows online.
- Checking for Internet connectivity or resetting the password would help.
Spectrum was founded in the year 1999 and it was earlier known as Charter Communications. Recently, in 2014, the name was changed from Charter Communications to Charter Spectrum, or simply known as Spectrum.
The Spectrum TV app broadcasts different TV shows, movies, and other video content on their app and also online. You may visit their website to watch videos, TV shows, etc. from anywhere on your mobile.
They have dedicated apps for different platforms like Xbox One, Samsung smart TVs, Apple TVs, Amazon Fire, Roku, and Android devices.
It has been noticed that lately, some of our readers are receiving an error ELI-9000 code while trying to connect to the Spectrum TV app on their smart TVs or smartphones.
Some also experienced issues with error code ACF-9000 while signing into the Spectrum TV app. Apparently, there are also issues related to VPN not working with Spectrum app.
What is code ELI-9000 on Spectrum?
When any user wants to watch any of their favorite TV shows or movies, they just need to turn on their Smart TV and open the Spectrum app.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
But when the user tries to sign in to the Spectrum app, it throws an error message that says, We’re sorry, something didn’t work quite right. Please try again later. along with the error code ELI-9000.
This is probably caused due to some reasons which are listed below:
- Spectrum server issue – Sometimes, due to overloaded requests from millions of users, the spectrum server will go down temporarily.
- Wrong password – If you have forgotten the password of your Spectrum account, then it throws the sign-in error as explained above in this article.
- Internet connection issues – The most common cause for this type of error on any application is unstable Internet connectivity on the system.
This closes the app and users are left disappointed. Don’t worry if you are also been facing the same error. We have listed 3 quick ways how to resolve this error code on the Spectrum TV app.
If you’re not exactly that tech-savvy person, here is a more intuitive way to resolve Spectrum TV issues using innovative VPN software.
PIA is the VPN tool suited for PC users that helps you with multiple servers around the globe and provides the highest speed for a supersonic Internet connection.
Private Internet AccessLet Spectrum server issues behind with this most reliable VPN that has lightning speeds.
How do I fix Spectrum Error ELI-9000?
1. Check your Internet connection
This kind of sign-in issue is sometimes caused due to an unstable Internet connection on the system.
When the Internet connectivity is fluctuating on any device, it causes various problems for different apps.
Therefore, we suggest checking your Internet connection by first restarting the Wi-Fi router and then reconnecting your device to the Wi-Fi.
If you are using an Ethernet cable connection, unplug the cable and after waiting for a few seconds, plug it back again.
Even after this if you are facing any connectivity issues, please contact your Internet service provider and check if there is an issue on their part.
2. Change the password of your Spectrum account
- Visit the webpage of Spectrum TV.
- Click the Sign In button to go to the Sign-in page of Spectrum TV.
- Click on the Forgot Username or Password? link provided at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, you need to confirm your account by entering your credentials and clicking Next.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions further to reset or change the password.
- Once the password is changed successfully, try to sign in to Spectrum TV.
3. Use System Restore
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously, which opens the Run console on the screen.
- Type rstrui and press Enter. This opens the System Restore wizard.
- Now click Next to proceed.
- Then select the System restore points from the list and click Next.
- Confirm the restore point before proceeding. After confirming, you can click Finish.
- This will start restoring the system to the restore point you had selected.
- This might take a while so please be patient.
Did you find this article to be informative? Leave us a comment below!