Steam client goes offline randomly [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
Many Steam users experienced issues with Valve’s online gaming platform. A frustrating issue forcing the Steam client to go offline randomly left gamers in the dust. This issue could be caused by different connectivity factors or system conflicts.
We managed to come up with a few solutions in an attempt to fix this problem.
Why does Steam goes offline when I start a game?
1. Allow Steam through Windows Firewall
- Open the Control Panel > go to System & Security.
- Under Windows Defender Firewall, choose to Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Click Change settings > find the Steam app and make sure it has both Public and Private boxes ticked.
- Press OK > try reloading Steam and see if it works.
2. Disable your antivirus software
- Navigate to the Taskbar’s Notification area and right-click on your antivirus tray icon.
- Disable the real-time protection temporarily and start Steam.
- Don’t forget to re-enable the antivirus if the problem is persisting.
3. Verify your network connection
- Test the internet in your internet browser, trying to see if websites load quickly, without interruptions.
- Perform a hard reset on your router/modem. Contact your internet provider and tell him about your issue, if your internet continues running slowly.
- If you are connected to your internet via Wifi, we recommend that you change to a wired connection.
4. Reinstall the client
- Navigate to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and uninstall Steam.
- Download the Steam client for Windows 10, here.
- Log in and check for improvements.
We hope that our quick guide on how to stop Steam from going offline was of help for you. If you liked this article, leave a comment in the comment section below.
- Steam Corrupt Disk Error while downloading and updating games [FIX]
- An error occurred while updating Steam game [FIX]
- Steam failed to apply updates error! Fix it in 5 easy steps
- What to do if Steam doesn’t recognize installed games?
Microsoft Forms is a popular service that is used by millions of people around the world to create polls and surveys, as well as quizzes. […]
Many users reported There was a problem with the printhead error while trying to print certain documents. This error will prevent you from printing, but […]
The lightest device from Microsoft’s Surface lineup, the Surface Go, got some more attention in the past couple of months. Although seemingly neglected from the […]