7 best antivirus with low resource/CPU usage/small footprint
Some antivirus software’s are known to be heavy on devices and slow down devices while scanning or undergoing other activities on the system.
They consume a lot of the computer’s resources. This issue has been a great concern to so many antivirus software users.
However, there are some very good antivirus software’s which uses only a little of your device or computer’s resources, a low CPU usage and does not slow down the speed of your PC.
They also offer maximum protection for your devices against viruses and malware. In this post, we have compiled a list of antivirus software’s which fall into this category.
This antivirus security software is good for slow computers and compatible with the Windows OS. It is a low resource antivirus.
Smadav uses only a small part of your computer’s resources. This software offers additional Protection for your PC and compatible with other antivirus products.
- It detects and cleans viruses, thereby improving security in your PC.
- It offers protection for USB Flashdisk
- It also helps to clean USB Flashdisk and restore infected files in the USB Flashdisk.
- Password protection is disabled in free version.
- Free version does not have auto update.
- Genuine files are eliminated sometimes.
- In free version, exception list is disabled.
In addition, F-Secure can protect your devices from ransomware, Trojans and viruses and keeps all your banking connection secured.
- Instant notification immediately viruses are detected.
- Device finder to locate, lock or erase missing device.
- It effectively manages users and devices.
- Unable to scan USB-connected devices or drives.
- In the F-Secure portal there is no remote configuration control.
- The components of Windows suite have an uneven quality.
Avast Free Antivirus software
It offers great protection against online threats and is very good for slow computers.
- It is very light on the system.
- Modern and neat GUI.
- It has a customizable installer: features can be selected for installation.
- It includes SafeZone, Avast’s Chromium-based safe browser that’s specifically designed to be hard to hijack.
- Avast also has a password manager, which allows you to synchronize credentials on multiple devices, as long as they’re all connected to your Avast account.
- It does not usually run quietly in the background. Too many ad’s and pop-up’s.
- Signatures for real world protect are not good enough.
- Improvement is needed in HIPS module and UI settings.
- An anti-ransome
Panda free antivirus software
Panda utilizes cloud processing to protect PC thereby removing the need for heavy software updates and demanding scans.
Panda Free Antivirus on the AV-Test records 98% mark for zero-day attacks and 100% for established threats.
- Process monitor which enables you see active processes and lets you know if they are using a secure connection.
- It also contains a handy vaccination tool that checks attached USB drives for malicious software.
- If PCs get locked by a malicious program, Panda Free Antivirus can immediately create an emergency rescue USB drive which enables to scan the affected machine.
- It has removal issues.
- It is dependent on internet connection.
- When scanning it is usually slow.
ESET is a PC protection company that has been in operation for about two decades now.
The ESET NOD32 is an antivirus software compatible with the Windows OS and uses very little of your computers’ resources.
- The interface has very easy to understand navigation features.
- It offers a comprehensive protection against spyware, viruses, worms, adware, and rootkits.
- Protection for removable media such as external hard drives and USB flash drives.
- A thorough scanning is just for about fifteen minutes, after which a report of the status of your PC’s security is provided.
- Gaming mode blocks unwanted popup and intrusions during gaming activities.
- A snapshot of system changes is captured by the SysInspector to track system changes and for tech support use.
- Online safety tool educates new users on how to stay safe online.
- Tech support consists of video tutorials, email, forums, as well as phone support and live chat.
Trend Micro Maximum Security
This security software is the best choice for families who need to protect different types of devices because it’s compatible with Windows OS. It is a low resource antivirus. It enables offline update.
- Compatible with Windows OS
- It has ransomware protection, social media privacy scanner, and does not utilize lot of computer resources.
- It comes with individual programs for each operating system, so it will not have to download programs that are not useful.
- It lacks online backup and firewal.
- It has limited parental control.
360 Total Security
It makes use of several engines to provide the best protection against trojans, viruses, worms and rootkits.
- It has a great interface.
- It is very easy to use.
- Comes with four predefined setting: performance, security, balanced and custom.
- The interface is simple and easy to use.
- It offers protection for three main sections: Internet browsing, privacy and system’s vulnerabilities.
- Great browser protection, full scan and check module
- It scans multiple potentially vulnerable areas such as the main applications, system’s settings, the running processes, the startup items and the system’s critical files.
- WiFi security checker which detects if WiFi network is secure.
- The real-time protection and the impact on the resources of computers on scan are its significant downsides.
- Its interface tries to make you buy other features as additional applications.
- 360 Total Security is entirely free but comes with various ads running in the app.
- It has a weak real time protection.
All the antivirus software’s listed here are reliable and are easy to get on the internet.
They utilizes very little resources in devices and they offer maximum protection against viruses and malware.
You can download and install the most preferable software by clicking on the download link on this post.
Related stories to check out:
Antivirus with low resource and CPU usage on Windows 10
Although Windows Media Player is becoming increasingly outdated, quite a few users still utilize it for playing videos and audio. However, the reality struck when […]
As a gamer, you never want anything within your computer or gaming device to get in the way of you and the gaming experience. It […]
Twitch TV is a popular online platform that helps to connect the game streamers with their audience. Previously, game streaming was only restricted to YouTube. […]