Intel has recently rolled out two new driver updates for Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10, aimed at fixing a series of crashes and corruptions reported by users. More specifically, these updates fix some long standing and frequently reported graphics issues on Windows 10, as well as some frequent errors found when playing particular game titles.
To make sure you’ve downloaded the latest Intel driver version on your machine, check for driver version 22.214.171.12463 and 126.96.36.199.4463 in your update history.
Here are the key issues fixed by the two updates on Windows 10:
- “Graphics corruptions in Just Cause 3, Forza Apex, The Witness, XCOM 2, Ark Survival: Evolved
- System crashes/hangs in Doom (2016), Rise of the Tomb Raider, F1 2015, Just Cause 3, Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt: Hearts of Stone, Day Z, Ark Survival Evolved, Arma III, DayZ
- Issues reported on Intel Developer Forum:
- Green lines in mipmaps
- Replacing expression e with (false ? … : e) causes dramatic change in rendering
- Replacing p with (p * vec3(1.0) leads to malformed image
- Incorrect results returned by glGetProgramResourceiv for buffer objects in compute shader
- System hangs while resuming from Sleep/Hibernation while using WiDi
- Blank screen issues during League of Legends
- System may crash while playing video in 3D mode on PowerDVD
- System crashes when playing back videos over WiDi or Miracast
- File explorer hangs when right-clicking on a large file and moving the mouse over the “Open With” menu option
- Scaling issue, Black Borders problem in Windows 10
- Screen may not rotate in full screen mode and other miscellaneous issues with screen rotation.”
For more information about the system content of the update package, the supported products and the issues that still need to be fixed, check out Intel’s update release notes.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Surface Book, Surface Pro 4 June driver updates improve system stability
- Surface Book, Surface Pro 4 get new firmware and driver updates
- Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition is the most powerful desktop processor