The Surface Pro 4 should now have a much better battery life
Microsoft unveiled a new firmware update for the Surface Pro 4. In its install instructions, the company mentions that users should use the drivers and firmware to prepare custom images for enterprise deployment or to repair issues with custom installations on their Surface Pro 4 devices.
The Surface team updated the following:
- The drivers for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware
- The drivers for Surface Touch Servicing ML
- The drivers for Surface Touch
- The drivers for Surface UEFI
The updated drivers resolved some issues including a brightness problem when devices come out of sleep, refined brightness settings, optimized touch functionality, adjustment of hibernation defaults, improvements for battery life and stability during sleep, and disabled touch capability when the cover is closed.
The update also includes the following:
- The Surface System Aggregator Software
- Intel Precise Soft Device
- Surface Intergation Drivers (which the company released last month for devices running Windows 10 version 1703 – the Creators Update, for Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update) and Windows 10 version 1511 – the November Update).
Microsoft says on its official page for the update that:
Cumulative and current firmware and drivers for the Surface Pro 4. This firmware and driver package contains drivers for all of the components in the Surface Pro 4, as well as updates to the system firmware that have been released via Windows Update. These drivers and firmware are compatible with Windows 10, including Enterprise versions. The driver MSI and ZIP files include all of the drivers and firmware needed to deploy custom images of Windows on your Surface devices. Additionally, the WinTab driver is provided for those professionals needing WinTab compatibility with certain Surface Pen enabled applications.
Read all the information about the update and download it from Microsoft’s official page.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Protect your Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with this UAG military grade case
- Microsoft guarantees a Surface Pro 4 refresh
- Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book units running Creators Update get firmware updates for audio/video
Azure AD Join is a popular service, but many users reported Something went wrong error in Azure AD Join. This error can cause a variety […]
Memory dump files, otherwise crash dumps, are system files saved during blue screen crashes. When a BSOD error message appears, Windows saves a copy of […]
Can’t enjoy the Netflix app on your Windows 10 PC due to There was a problem connecting to Netflix error? Worry not, we got solutions […]