- Access to TV service providers may be restricted by some ISPs, prohibiting users from accessing these services.
- You can bypass your ISP's restrictions through free and premium VPNs.
- Thankfully, users may resolve the Telus blocking IPTV problem independently and avoid switching ISPs when it arises.
Telus provides access to the Internet and various related services for both individuals and businesses. This company disables some services, such as Telus blocking IPTV, as a safeguard.
IPTV (Internet Protocol television) is a service that provides access to television shows and other visual content through the Internet rather than through cable, broadcast, or satellite TV signals.
ISPs frequently block IPTV for unknown reasons. However, there are ways to prevent this from happening.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
Does Telus block any ports?
For various security concerns, Telus, by default, restricts several ports. The company adds these ports to the block list to safeguard users since hackers often use them to access a network.
Setting up port forwarding serves no service since Telus blocks all incoming ports; this is done in addition to preventing unauthorized access to the network.
How do I stop Telus from blocking IPTV?
1. Use a different DNS
- Enter your router’s admin panel. You may find this information under the modem or in the router manual.
- Enter the admin username and password for your router.
- Find and modify the DNS settings to utilize the Smart DNS proxy DNS IPs. Now, save the settings.
- Restart router.
2. Use a VPN
- Download ExpressVPN (or any VPN you trust), double-click on the file, and install it on your PC.
- Run the application and wait for it to connect.
- Retry the IPTV service and see if you can watch your favorite show.
Your internet provider won’t be able to impose content-based service restrictions or throttle your connection speed since it allows you to watch IPTV secretly and securely.
With ExpressVPN you can easily connect to servers in over 90 different countries. Keep yourself anonymous and watch whatever you want safely.
Get access to content from any country safely and fast.
3. Check your ping using a websites address
- Click on the Start menu, type Command Prompt, and select the appropriate result.
- Type ping, followed by a space, your website’s address (including the “www.”), and then add with a space -t. For example, ping www.google.com -t.
This will show you your network’s ping. Therefore, if you observe big numbers (more than 200ms), there is an issue with your ISP’s servers. You should contact your ISP’s customer service to rectify this issue.
4. Use a proxy
- To open Windows Settings, press the Windows + I key combination.
- On the Settings menu, go to Network & Internet. Select Proxy.
- Make sure the Automatically detect option is on.
- Under the Manual Setup section, enable the Use a Proxy Server checkbox. Try the service once again after you turned the Manual Setup on.
5. Use Tor
Tor can be downloaded and installed through Tor’s official download site.
Connect to your VPN before starting Tor to provide the highest level of internet security. Being one of the most widely used browsers, this one is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
How do I check if my ISP is blocking streaming?
The best way to determine whether your ISP blocks streaming is to use the Opera browser. When you enable the built-in VPN, a new IP address is acquired. Your service provider is tricked into believing you are connected through a different provider.
You may enable VPN in Opera’s settings. Use the browser to access the streaming service.
Your ISP has blocked access to this content for you if you can watch any show. If the service doesn’t load, another reason must exist.
Many customers are impacted by the Telus IPTV settings bans. Thankfully, one of the solutions above on how to stop ISP blocking IPTV can assist you in resolving this issue.
The issue with Telus restricting IPTV is well-known, and many users claim that the issue is resolved by using a VPN before accessing the service.
This is why you may rest easy knowing that this problem may be easily fixed, so you can resume watching your favorite shows.
Let us know if you were able to stop Telus from blocking IPTV in the comments section below.