If you want to learn how to disable or remove the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 “This program might not have installed correctly” error message then you should use the guidelines from below, where I have described you the easiest way to use in order to get rid of the mentioned and annoying Windows alert.
“This program might not have installed correctly” represents a general troubleshooting message displayed by Windows in its in built feature dubbed as Program Compatibility Assistant. This feature has been included in Windows platforms since Windows Vista which means that we have to deal with the same on Windows 8 and also on Windows 8.1. Even though this compatibility assistant might be useful in some cases, on other situations is rather useless: for example the alert message might be displayed even with portable apps which don’t have installers at all.
Therefore, if you are tired of getting “This program might not have installed correctly” message on your Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 device, learn how to disable this feature by using the guidelines from below.
Remove “This program might not have installed correctly” Alert from Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- On your computer, go to your Start Screen.
- From there press Win + R keyboard keys in order to open the “run” box.
- On the same type “services.msc” and click on “ok”.
- From the Services window that will be displayed on your device search and click on the “Program Compatibility Assistant” service.
- Double click on the mentioned service and on “startup type” choose “disabled”.
- Save and Exit.
- Reboot your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 device and that’s it.
Perfect, you have successfully disabled the Program Compatibility Assistant service from your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 device. So, now you will no longer get the “This program might not have installed correctly” alert message, which means that you can easily complete your daily tasks.