Texas Instruments is a well-known brand in the field of personal calculators. They manufacture some of the best calculators that you can find on the market, spread out across a wide range of domains.
These include pocket calculators, scientific calculators, and even graphing calculators. This versatility in product choice may make it hard for some to choose the right model for themselves.
That is why we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best Texas Instruments for engineering and statistics.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Texas Instruments TI-84 CE
If you’re looking for a scientific and graphing calculator that offers everything that you need, but not enough to make it forbidden in exam classes, then the Texas Instruments TI-84 CE is the right choice.
It features a high-resolution display and you can even use real-world images on it, and it can also load 7 different graph styles, allowing great versatility in terms of equation representation.
- High-resolution, full-color backlit display
- Rechargeable battery
- Preloaded apps and images
- MathPrint feature
- Seven different graph styles for differentiating the look of each graph drawn
- Available in a variety of fun colors
- The price tag
Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus
In fact, they feature pretty much the same tool set, but this model caters more towards older users, thanks to the button arrangement.
However, it can still come as useful for students, as it is permitted in pretty much all of the most popular exams.
- Graphing calculator handles calculus, engineering, trigonometric, and financial functions
- Can display graphs and tables on split screen to trace graphs
- The LCD screen features 64 x 96-pixel resolution for clear, readable display
- The TI-83 Plus is approved for use in many exams
- Built-in memory for storage and analysis of up to 10 matrices
- Fourteen interactive zoom features.
- The price tag
Texas Instruments TI-30X IIS
It is made to help students explore math and science concepts in an easy manner since it shows entries on the top line and results on the bottom line.
It also allows a review of previous entries to look for patterns, making it ideal for general math, algebra 1 and 2, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, and science.
- Robust, professional-grade scientific calculator. Logs and antilogs
- It has 2-line display shows entry and calculated result at the same time
- Easily handles 1 and 2 variable statistical calculations and three angle modes
- It has 1-year limited warranty
- Solar and battery-powered
- The display is no eligible from certain angles
Texas Instruments TI-36X
If you are into multitasking, then you will love this model’s MultiView function that allows multiple calculations to be displayed simultaneously, even if they are complicated math equations.
- Ideal for curricula in which graphing technology may not be permitted
- MultiView display shows multiple calculations at the same time
- MathPrint shows math expressions, symbols, and stacked fractions
- Ideal for high school through college
- Convert fractions, decimals, and terms including Pi into alternate representations
- Select degrees/radians, floating/fix, number format modes
- Weird button placement for certain functions
Texas Instruments TI-30Xa
The ultra-simplified Texas Instruments TI-30Xa makes a great addition to anyone still in school or taking math courses in college thanks to the perfect balance between simplicity and the tool set level.
It features basic scientific and trigonometric functions, and it is also ideal for general math and general science, pre-algebra, algebra 1 and 2, making it a must-have for anyone still in school.
- One-line, 10-digit display
- Fraction features
- One-variable statistics
- Basic scientific and trigonometric functions
- Ideal for general math and general science, pre-Algebra, algebra 1 and 2
- Some issues with button response
Closing thoughts on TI calculators for engineering and statistics
Texas Instruments proves once again that it is the go-to manufacturer of calculators for anyone doing math at beginner, intermediate or a professional level.
The graphing calculators are perfect for good equation representations, the scientific calculators are great for pretty much all branches of math, and the regular pocket calculators offer all the tools any student may ever need.