- If you own a business with many employees and want to make sure you don't run out of staff on busy days, then you need the best time off software.
- Here's some useful software to help you track your workforce from a centralized dashboard.
- We provide you with a great program designed for small and medium businesses.
- You can also find a tool that shows pop-up alerts to your employees if they've been idle too long.
Managing the time off of your employees is hard work, especially if you own a big company with over 50 employees. It is extremely important to efficiently coordinate your employees work time, in order to make sure you don’t end up understaffed on busy days. If a particular department of your company is mishandled, the effects could be devastating for your business as the trust of your customers will also be affected.
If you own a big company, managing your dispersed workforce will be an even harder task, and with an increase of the number of employees, your scheduling for free time becomes crucial. In this situation, you want to make sure that everyone involved in the company – from the staff members to the executive branch – are informed about scheduling plans long before any vacation is due.
Managing this area of your company effectively, will avoid any misunderstanding between your employees, and also offer you an easy way to make sure you’re up to par with the service quality your company offers.
Fortunately, there is a good range of specialized software options available on the market that allow you to simplify the process of scheduling employee time off.
Using this type of software allows you to always keep informed about the current state of your workforce, can manage schedules, overtime, labour compliance, and time off.
What are the best time-off software to use this year?
ReplicOn Time Attend
ReplicOn is a great software option that allows you to manage every aspect of your employee’s time and attendance with ease. You can track your workforce from a centralized dashboard, allowing you to avoid any gross pay errors, and the need to recheck after.
This software allows you to keep on track with all labour compliance needs by the use its integrated pay rule library that can also automate policy application. This allows you to not worry about checking compliance constantly and to focus on the more important tasks in your company.
By using ReplicOn, you gain complete control over days off work and also work schedules of your employees, and you can add real-time adjustments, notes, images, etc. This feature will keep all your schedules organized in one single workspace, is easily searchable, and easy to understand.
Some of the best features found in ReplicOn include:
- Manage payroll by employee types – full-time, part-time, hourly, contractors, remote employees, etc.
- Global compliance library – allows you to easily comply to any rules and regulations
- Customize employee availability and create a wide range of schedules
- Instant employee time update – automatically updates employee times
- Punch in and out – feature that allows you to keep track of your employees start and end of day
- Meal breaks and rounding – calculates all meal brakes and rounds up times automatically
- Intelligent approvals – automatic brake approval that can be customized to suit your company’s needs
- Activity tracking -allows you to see real time data regarding the activity of your employees
This software also contains a great set of features designed specifically for absence management of your employees: self-service time off, employee availability and intelligent approvals.
- Compliance library
- Pay rules
- Pay codes
- Payroll workbench
- Payroll exports
You can also use this software to assign shifts, mass edits, shift adherence , and for instant communication. Beyond this, this software also allows you to track your company’s expenses and offers advanced analytics features that allow you to always be informed about the inner workings of your company.
If you want to see a complete list of features for ReplicOn, you can visit their official site.
ReplicOn Time Attend was released in 3 different versions, each catering to the needs of different users:
ReplicOn Quick Start
- Up to 5 users and with option to add more at a cost
- Punch In/Out
- Meal Breaks
- Activity Tracking
- Simple Time Off
- Single-Location Compliance Library
ReplicOn Plus – contains all the features found in the Quick Start version, and adds :
- Customized fields for time tracking
- Location conformity library with multiple options
- Report sharing
ReplicOn Premier – contains all features of the Plus versions, and also adds:
- Time Off Bookings
- Time tracking customizations
- Global compliance library
- Payroll customization
- Organization customization
- Group-based access
- Custom reports and integration
PurelyHR is another great software option that allows you to easily manage the time off of your employees. This software combines employee database features with leave management software.
PurelyHR has an easy to understand user interface, and can adapt to the size of your business no matter how fast it grows. You can use the included centralized leave data you collected to make informed decision about your employee leave schedule. You can also share the leave calendar with your employees, and is a fully secure option.
Let’s explore some of the best features of PurelyHR:
- Employees can access their own profile page from the company anywhere in the world
- Account Setup Checklist – for easy installation of the software
- Great customer service support
- Designed for small to medium businesses
- Great number of time-off configurations – you can set your company’s paid holidays
- Restrictions – can set rules regarding the number of employees that can book time off in one day
- Employees can request more holiday depending on the amount of overtime they worked
- Reports can be exported to PDF or CSV files
- XML data export via API
You can also create custom leave types, adjust increments for exact counting, can track FMLA, and also have a wide range of automation capabilities.
You can set up PurelyHR so that it automatically increases the accruals of your employees once they reached a certain number of months or years with your company. Using this software also allows you to set reminders that will help you be prepared with exact schedules for paid holidays, pending requests, etc.
Time Doctor is another great software option that allows you to manage all aspects of employee attendance, the amount of hours they worked, time they spent on breaks, etc.
This software tracks the time worked by every employee and produces a comprehensive report that can be broken down by client, project, and tasks. This feature allows you to see all the wasted time and allows you to identify issues in the schedule in order to fix them.
One of the best features of Time Doctor is that it can take screenshots of your employees computer screens, either randomly, or after a specific number of hours have passed. Using this feature allows you to observe how efficient your employees are, and if they are wasting time. The screenshot feature can only be activated by the employer once the employee’s status is in ”working” mode, to avoid any privacy issues.
Time Doctor also gives you the power to see an overview of employee data regarding time spent in meetings and calls, who they communicated with, and for how long. Finding and fixing any issues in this department by using this dashboard is far easier than manually trying to gather data about inefficiencies.
Some other great features that are worth mentioning include:
- Daily and weekly reports for managers that contains valuable data about hours, website and application usage, task breakdown, etc.
- You can grant access to your clients on your company’s domain to view screenshots and reports of in-progress/completed tasks with their company
- Can track specific program/app usage, and even time spent on specific websites – if your employees spend too much time on Facebook, you will be informed
- Can sync up with all well-know project management and accounting tools – Salesforce, Zoho, QuickBooks, etc.
- Displays pop-up alerts to your employees if they’ve been idle for too long
- GPS tracking of your employees
- Clients can log into a white labeled portal
Absence.io is another great software option that gives you the tools you need in order to easily manage and customize all aspects of you dealing with your employees schedules, employee data and time off work.
This software allows you to easily track the vacation times of your employees, and choose substitutes if needed, all from one central hub that allows you a full overview over data.
When it comes to managing the absent employees, you can use Absence.io to have a great visual overview of your company’s calendar scheduling, and can also create custom leave permissions to fit your needs.
Absence.io has a great set of features that allows you to easily keep track of your employee’s overtime and work hours, and has reporting and admin capabilities. This software also allows you to manage all digital employee files from one screen, making the process of searching data a lot easier.
Other notable features include:
- SSL encryption – allows you peace of mind regarding the security of your company’s data
- ISO certified servers located in Germany
- Daily automatic backup of your data
Planday is a very powerful software that allows you to manage employee schedules easily, by taking into account staff vacation, availability, payroll costs, etc.
Inside the Schedule tab of Planday you can find information regarding the number of hours worked, revenue, how much of the revenue is paid in salaries, payroll costs, etc.
Having this information at your disposal whenever you need it allows you to increase the productivity of your company, better manage customer and employee relationships, and create more exact schedules.
Using this software’s powerful features means that you don’t need to spend any time dealing with your employees schedules. Planday offers you a wide range of pre-made templates, and allows you to even create your own.
Having the possibility to create your own templates simplifies the process of and that can increase the productivity of your company. You can also share templates with your employees and colleagues.
One of the best features found in Planday is that your employees can contact their manager and announce him/her of their work days preference. This feature makes your employees happier, and in turn, creates more profit.
Planday was released in two different versions, each capable of covering the needs of different users.
Planday Starter Edition
- Can create employee schedules at a basic level
- Can arrange schedules by job role
- Schedule templates for fast planning
- Personal and group-chat
- Can manage the exchange of shifts between your employees
- Allows push notifications and email alerts
- Payroll reporting
- Overtime tracking for compliance
Planday Plus Edition
- HR management options
- Can track the time spent over the working hours
- Earnings and work cost tracking
- Management of holidays
- Advanced schedule statistics and reporting
- Employee file management
- Electronic signature for contracts
Dealing with every aspect of your employees time off scheduling is hard work, and one mistake can cause a wide range of issues that can end up affecting the productivity of your company, and your image on the market.
The software solutions we presented in this list were chosen because of the wide range of capabilities they include. These programs can assure you that all your employee and customer data is stored safe, easy access to employee information, offers a great overview of the time that your employees wasted at work, and you can even take screenshots to verify their activity on the schedule.
We would love to know if you have any software suggestions regarding time-off software. Please feel free to let us know in the comment section below, what software you used from this list and how effective it was.