- Seeing the error updating your profile on Tinder implies that your profile changes were not saved by the app.
- To fix this issue, try updating your picture with the steps described in this guide and also restart your device.
- For more useful information regarding web applications, check out our Web Apps Hub.
- Bookmark our detailed Tinder Errors section for more information on how to tackle issues on this app.
The beauty of using Tinder is how easy it is to meet people just by swiping through there profile images to like there profile, and the other user can do the same to like you back, then it is a match.
So whenever you have problems like Tinder there was an error updating your profile, It’s always frustrating. Use the various methods shown in this article to fix the error.
How do I fix Tinder error updating your profile picture?
1. Update Tinder profile picture the proper way
- Launch the tinder app on your device.
- Next select settings on the top left corner.
- At the top of your screen select the option Edit info just beneath your username, and current profile picture.
- After clicking on edit info a window with six squares in total, where you can upload pictures will be displayed.
- Select + sign on one of the squares to upload any image of your choice.
- Wait for the picture to display on the tinder before closing the window.
- Done. Your new profile picture has been set.
Note: If you upload more than one picture, you have to move the desired picture of your choice to the first order, so Tinder will recognize and set it as the first image on your profile.
2. Restart your mobile
- Hold down the Power button on your mobile device until it displays the shutdown, and restart option.
- Choose the restart option and wait for two minutes for your device to complete its restart process.
- Next, open the Tinder application.
- Enter your login credentials, and retry steps to set up a profile picture.
If restarting your device does not work, let’s try the option of Updating your tinder application on your device in the next method.
3. Update app to avoid error updating profile picture on Tinder
Update Tinder on Android
- Launch Google Play store.
- Select menu and choose My apps & games.
- From the list, find the Tinder app and tap Update.
Steps to update Tinder on iOS
- Click on the App Store on your device to open it.
- Type in Tinder in the search bar . Select Tinder app when it comes up from the displayed suggestions.
- Next click on the update button to start updating the Tinder app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Accept/I Agree button if you are prompted with the list of permissions.
- Proceed with selecting the Open option to start using the updated version of Tinder on your device.
- Finally, go ahead and update your Tinder profile.
Sometimes the simplest way to solve this error is by clearing the cache files on Tinder.
- Open Settings on your device, and navigate to Applications.
- Scroll till you find the Tinder application icon.
- Click on the Tinder application to open a new window, and click on the Clear Cache button.
- Next click on Clear Data. After that launch the Tinder app.
- Log in to your account, and try to update your profile picture again.
Send an email to email@example.com. In the email explain the problem you are facing, which in this case you cannot update your Tinder profile picture. Tinder’s support will respond to your email with useful information about the cause of your problem and hopefully, get your account back in order.
If you’ve managed to solve your Tinder error by following the above-mentioned steps, or if you have any suggestions, please use the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
To update your profile on Tinder, access the profile settings after downloading the app. If you can’t modify settings, try using a browser for Tinder.
Yes, your matches will be able to see the bio text change in the Tinder feed.
No, you can only search for people from the list of matches on your profile.