- There have been some questions on forums regarding the transparent taskbar on Windows 11.
- Being that the new OS didn't bring a lot of changes to the taskbar, users have been searching for ways to customize and personalize it.
- Fortunately, to achieve the transparency effect, you can use a third-party program and this guide.
- With this program, you can not only customize the effect and color of your taskbar but also other elements.
News regarding Windows 11 features, overall performance, and new apps for Microsoft Store keep on coming and users couldn’t be more excited.
Even though the first preview build 22000.51 has a few bugs, people are still looking for ways to customize the new OS and make it feel more like their own.
Windows 11 brings a variety of options to personalize how your system looks but the one thing that is missing is that there’s no way to personalize the look of your taskbar.
Moreover, the taskbar’s default functionality is currently limited, its location cannot be changed, and users can’t drag and drop apps/shortcuts onto the taskbar like on Windows 10.
But not all hope is lost as Microsoft does offer you a lot of apps to customize your new OS taskbar and today, we’ll show you just how to make it transparent in a few simple steps.
How do I make the taskbar transparent in Windows 11?
1. Use TranslucentTB
- Install the TranslucentTB app from the Microsoft Store.
- After the download is complete, click on Launch.
- A pop-up will appear that will ask you agree to the license. Click on Yes.
- Your taskbar will now automatically become completely transparent.
With TranslucentTB you can make the taskbar look completely transparent, make it opaque, or choose a blur effect.
In addition to overriding your color and personalization settings for the taskbar, this app also combines states such as maximized window, Start Menu open, Cortana open, and Timeline open.
Each one of them has a customizable taskbar appearance to offer you a visually pleasing taskbar, personalized to your liking.
TranslucentTB is a small, free and easy-to-use app, but if you are looking for another way to achieve this effect and more, you can also try Microsoft TaskbarX app for a very small fee.
2. Get Microsoft TaskbarX
- Go to the official Microsoft Store website and look for TaskbarX.
- Click on Buy.
- A pop-up will open. Here, select Get started to add a way to pay for the app.
- Choose the form of payment you want, complete your information in the next windows and click on Save.
- After the download is complete, right-click on the file and unpack the archive.
- Open the TaskbarX folder and run the exe file to install the app.
- After the installation is complete, your taskbar icons will automatically move to the middle of the taskbar.
There are several categories on this configurator, including style, which controls the transparency level or color of your taskbar, animation that controls how the taskbar icons move when you open a new app, and position that allows you to adjust the position of the taskbar icons.
You can definitely have some fun with this app as it gives so many options to personalize your taskbar and more.
These are the simplest and easiest ways to have this feature and achieve this cool effect where your taskbar icons appear to float on top of the background.
Explore some amazing wallpapers that go perfectly with your new taskbar and take a look at the best desktop 4k wallpapers to customize your device.
We hope that this guide was what you were looking for and that you can now enjoy your new OS a bit more. If you have any questions, feel free to use the comment section below and we’ll get back to you.