- Adding multiple OneDrive accounts on a single Windows 10 PC seems to be your wish today.
- Even if the OneDrive folder can’t actually manage multiple accounts, you’ll see some handy tips below.
- If you’re interested in finding similar solutions, take a closer look at our File Sync section.
- Discover all about Microsoft's storage service for hosting files by visiting our OneDrive Hub.
Microsoft’s OneDrive is one of the most popular cloud storage services out there, with millions of users worldwide.
However, OneDrive has its downsides, which makes a lot of people complain about Microsoft’s policies for its service.
One of the most requested features for OneDrive is the ability to use multiple accounts in the same folder.
Many users have two or more OneDrive accounts and having everything in one place would definitely save them a lot of time.
This also applies to users who want to have more OneDrive space, since Microsoft recently cut it down to 5GB per account.
Despite the high amount of requests, the OneDrive folder is still not capable of managing multiple accounts, and according to Microsoft, it probably never will be.
But don’t panic, there’s actually a way to use multiple OneDrive accounts in one folder, so you can have content from everywhere in one place. Here’s what you need to do.
How can I set up multiple OneDrive accounts?
1. Use multiple OneDrive accounts in one folder
- First, log in to your secondary OneDrive account on the website.
- Create a new folder, we’ll call it Shared.
- Move all content from your OneDrive account to the new folder you just created.
- Select that folder, and go to the Share option.
- Select Email, and send the folder to your primary Microsoft Account.
- You shared the folder with yourself, so you need to log in to your primary Microsoft Account, and accept the shared folder from your email client.
- Once you accept the shared folder, it will appear in the OneDrive folder on your computer, as well as in the web version, and you’ll be able to access all content from your secondary OneDrive account from one place.
To be able to use multiple OneDrive accounts on one computer you don’t need any hacks or tricks. All you need to do is to take advantage of OneDrive’s capabilities.
Sometimes, some connection issues can ruin your experience. Furthermore, you won’t even be able to set up multiple accounts.
If you experience this, we’ve written extensively about OneDrive connection problems and how to easily solve them.
Set up multiple accounts by using the steps above. In case you want to sync more than two accounts, just repeat the steps from above for each account individually.
If you experience issues like two copies of the same file, you can follow the steps in this quick tutorial to solve them.
In the particular case that your OneDrive folder can’t be found, you may want to take a look at this guide that will help you get it back again.
2. Use a different cloud storage
- Log in with your first Windows account user as an Administrator.
- Download and install Sync.
- Check that you see the Sync app on the Start menu.
- Switch Windows accounts now: log in with your second Windows account.
- Install Sync on the second Windows user account.
- Double-check that you see the Sync app in the second user’s Start menu.
Developers confirmed that it is possible to use two different Sync accounts on the same computer as long as each account is on a different user on your computer.
Switching user accounts on your computer will allow you to access each Sync account. Thus you will need to use unique user logins on the same computer.
This method will allow you to easily switch back and forth between the two accounts. Even more, Sync is safe and 100% secure, protecting your privacy with end-to-end encryption.
Looking for more cloud storage services? We’ve prepared a list with the best ones available right now.
Check it out and tell us your opinion about what is the best cloud service and why. If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to leave them below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily enjoy content from two personal OneDrive accounts on the same PC. However, access issues do appear from time to time. Use this quick guide to easily fix them.
Don’t hesitate to use this detailed guide to share content from another OneDrive account to yourself and access everything from a single folder.
If you want to share OneDrive with family, one tip we’re eager to tell you about involves simply inviting your loved ones by email.