Fix: Windows 10 can’t uninstall Apple Software Update
Apple Software Update is a program that updates Apple software in Windows 10, but not everybody needs it. However, Apple Software Update doesn’t always uninstall. Some users have stated in forum posts that an error message pops up when they try to uninstall ASU.
That error message states: “There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program requirement for this install to complete could not be run.”
This is how you can uninstall Apple Software Update when that error message pops up in Windows 10.
How to install Apple Software Update on Windows 10
- Open the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Activate the Built-in Administrator Account
- Repair Apple Software Update
- Uninstall Apple Software Update With Revo Uninstaller
- Remove Apple Software Update With CopyTrans Driver Installer
1. Open the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
First, check out the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter for Windows 10. That troubleshooter fixes corrupted registry keys that can block software from uninstalling. You can utilize the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter in Windows 10 as follows.
- Open this webpage in your browser, and press the Download button there.
- Next, open your download folder in File Explorer.
- Click MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab to open its window below.
- Press the troubleshooter‘s Next button.
- Select Uninstalling to fix a program that doesn’t uninstall.
- Then select Apple Software Update on the program list, and click the Next button.
- Select the Yes, try uninstall option to remove ASU.
- If the Yes, try uninstall option doesn’t do the trick, select the try other fixes option.
2. Activate the Built-in Administrator Account
You can’t always remove all programs within a standard Windows 10 user account. Thus, switching to an admin account will ensure you have sufficient access rights to uninstall all programs, including Apple Software Update. Windows 10 includes a built-in admin account that you can activate as follows.
- Press the Type here to search button on the Windows 10 taskbar to open Cortana.
- Enter ‘Command Prompt’ in the search box.
- Right-click Command Prompt to select the Run as administrator option.
- Input ‘net user’ in the Command Prompt, and press the Return key.
- Then input this command in the Prompt: net user administrator /active:yes. Don’t forget to press the Enter key after entering the command.
- Then restart Windows and sign in with the new admin account you activated.
3. Repair Apple Software Update
The Programs and Features Control Panel applet includes a Repair option for the Apple Software Update. So, that option might fix ASU so that you can uninstall it. You can repair Apple Software Update as follows.
- Open Run by pressing its Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run, and press its OK button.
- Enter the keyword ‘Apple Software Update’ in the search box as shown below.
- Then select Apple Software Update, and press its Repair button.
- Thereafter, click Uninstall to remove Apple Software Update.
— RELATED: How to fix iTunes crashes in Windows 10, 8
4. Uninstall Apple Software Update With Revo Uninstaller
There are numerous third-party uninstallers for Windows that uninstall software and their leftovers. Some users have confirmed that Revo Uninstaller uninstalls Apple Software Update when Windows doesn’t. You can uninstall ASU with Revo Uninstaller as follows.
- Click Free Download on this webpage to add the freeware Revo Uninstaller to Windows 10.
- Open the Revo Uninstaller setup wizard to install the software.
- Then right-click a Revo Uninstaller program icon on the desktop or Start menu and select to Run it as administrator.
- Select the Apple Update Software, and press the Uninstall button.
- Select the Advanced scan option.
- A window opens that shows you leftover registry entries. Select the Select All option, and then click the Next button.
- Another window might also open that displays leftover files. Click Select All and Finish to erase the leftovers.
5. Remove Apple Software Update With CopyTrans Driver Installer
CopyTrans Driver Installer is a utility that you can remove Apple software with. The program is actually designed to install iPhone, iPod and iPad drivers; but you can also utilize it to completely uninstall Apple Software Update. You can uninstall ASU with CopyTrans Driver Installer as follows.
- Click Download on this page to save the CopyTrans Driver Installer to Windows 10.
- Open the CopyTrans Driver ZIP in File Explorer, and press the Extract all button.
- Click the Browse button to select a path to extract the ZIP file to.
- Press the Extract button.
- Open CopyTrans Driver Installer from its extracted folder.
- Then press the Uninstall button.
- Note that CopyTrans will also uninstall the other Apple programs listed on its window if you’ve installed them. So, you might need to reinstall some Apple software after uninstalling ASU.
Those are a few resolutions that will probably fix Apple Software Update so that you can uninstall it as required. Some of these third-party utilities might also remove ASU when the Windows 10 uninstaller doesn’t uninstall it.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Best software to fix your iTunes library in Windows 10
- Fix: Antivirus blocking iTunes on Windows 10
- iTunes for Windows 10 postponed to 2018 (maybe)
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]