Microsoft has finally begun rolling out the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update to its users, promising to take the Windows 10 phone experience to the next level. Shortly after installing the Mobile Anniversary Update, many users are now desperately trying to uninstall it due to various issues.
We could say the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update has quite a short life span for some users. What was supposed to be an upgrade, has turned out to actually be a bug generator, and determined many users to roll back to their previous OS.
Windows phone owners are hurrying to uninstall the Anniversary Update
“After updating my Lumia phone all message notifications stopped working, also email stopped functioning. How can I uninstall the update?”
If your decision is final, and you don’t want to give the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update a second chance, follow the steps listed below to roll back to your previous Windows Mobile OS. Don’t forget to back up your data before you downgrade.
How to uninstall the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update
Solution 1 – Use the Windows Device Recovery Tool for Lumia phones
1. Download and install the Windows Device Recovery Tool on your PC.
2. Launch the Windows Device Recovery Tool > connect your phone when the software tells you to.
If your Lumia isn’t automatically detected, disconnect all peripherals from your PC and click on My phone was not detected. Wait a few minutes for your phone to connect to the software, and if this doesn’t happen, restart your terminal.
3. Keep your phone connected to your computer > hold the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
4. Release them when the phone starts vibrating.
5. Select Install software to install the previous OS to your phone.
6. Follow the instruction prompted on the screen to complete the downgrade process.
Solution 2 – Use the Windows Device Recovery Tool for Nokia phones
- Download and install the Nokia Software Recovery Tool on your PC.
- Launch the Nokia Software Recovery Tool > connect your phone to the computer. If prompted, select the proper USB mode on your phone: Nokia Suite or Modem.
- Follow the instructions given by the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to complete the downgrade.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: