- Valorant freezing your Windows can occur due to different reasons.
- Bugs and issues on the app could be the many causes of Valorant freezing every second.
- Reinstalling Valorant is one of the effective ways to fix the issue.
Valorant is a free-to-play first-person tactical hero shooter game for Windows. However, different game enthusiasts have encountered issues with Valorant freezing your windows activities.
Likewise, error retrieving settings from the server in Valorant is also an issue users complain about.
Following the release of the new Windows 11 update, different users have encountered issues with Valorant freezing on Windows 11. Therefore, whether the Valorant app is compatible with Windows 11 comes up.
However, the Valorant game app is stable on the new Windows 11 and shouldn’t be hard to use. The transition between operating systems updates causes issues with the game on Windows 11.
Various reasons can cause the Valorant app to freeze on Windows. Some are:
- Bugs and glitches in the app – Valorant may keep freezing due to bugs and outdated components. It occurs if the game can’t access the needed updates and patches.
- The system requirement issues – Valorant game users may encounter Valorant freezing randomly if the user’s PC does not meet the needed requirement to run the app efficiently.
- Corrupt Valorant file – When the Valorant app is corrupted or compromised, it can result in the app freezing in the startup or when loading.
However, other factors might cause the Valorant to freeze on your Windows. We shall take you through easy steps to resolve the problem.
Trying out the following preliminary checks may fix Valorant freezing randomly on your PC.
- Fix the network congestion issue on your PC.
- Close all background apps running on your PC.
- Restart your PC in safe mode.
If the issue persists after the preliminary checks, observe the following steps.
1. Update your Graphics driver
- Press Windows + R keys to launch the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc, and click OK.
- Click the Display Adapters, then right-click the driver, and click the Update driver.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Restart your PC and launch Valorant to check if the issue persists.
Updating the graphics driver will improve its performance and fix bugs affecting it. Read our detailed article on updating graphics drivers on Windows 11 if you have any issues.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Alternatively, if you want to save some time, you can opt for specialized software like DriverFix to scan your PC for outdated drivers and update them automatically with the latest versions from its vault.
2. Update Windows Operating System
- Press Windows + I key to open the Settings app.
- Click on Windows Update and click on Check for updates. If there are any updates available, it will search for and install them.
Updating Windows will fix the bugs causing the game issues. Read about fixing Windows not connecting to update service if the error occurs on your PC.
3. Disable Windows Firewall
- Left-lick the Start button and type control panel, then open it.
- Click on the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Select the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- Go to the Private and Public network settings, then click the radio buttons for the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option.
- Restart your PC.
Disabling the settings above will resolve any Windows Defender Firewall interference it’s causing the Valorant game. You can read about how to disable windows defender if you encounter issues with it.
4. Perform a clean boot
- Press Windows + R key to open the Run dialog box, type msconfig, and click OK.
- Go to the Services tab and check the box for the Hide all Microsoft services option, and then click the Disable all button.
- Go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Click on the startup programs and tap the Disable button.
- Restart your PC and check if Valorant’s freeze continues.
Performing a PC clean boot will stop all startup running programs that can cause Valorant freezing at startup.
5. Set Valorant as a priority
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager to open it.
- Navigate to the Processes tab and locate Valorant, then right-click on it and select Set Priority.
- Set the Valorant priority as High.
- Click on Change priority to confirm your choice in the dialog box.
Setting the Valorant game app as a high priority will boost the game performance giving it a top priority over other running apps. Check out our complete guide on how to set priority in Task Manager for more insight.
6. Uninstall and reinstall the Valorant app
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box, and type in control /name Microsoft.ProgramsAndFeatures and click on OK.
- Select Valorant and Riot Vanguard, and click Uninstall.
- Download the Valorant game file. Run the Valorant file installer and follow the Windows prompt to reinstall Valorant on your PC.
After trying the above-stated fix, reinstalling the Valorant app may be the last resort. Reinstalling the app will reset all settings and fix corrupted game files.
Conclusively, these are the best ways to fix Valorant if it keeps freezing on your PC. Should you have further questions on this guide or other queries entirely, kindly use the comments section.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.