- Sys blue screen in Valorant occurs whenever the game app starts on Windows.
- The problem can be due to issues with Valorant’s game files.
- Restarting the Riot client and repairing Valorant game files can fix the issue.
Valorant is a free-to-play first-person tactical hero shooter game only available for the Windows operating system. It has many features that make it one of the best. However, players have repeatedly complained about Vgk.sys Blue Screen error affecting the game.
The Vgk.sys error message appears when Windows crashes into a Blue Screen of Death issue when starting the Valorant game. The Vgk.sys is a component of the Vanguard AntiCheat system by Riot, incorporated into the game.
Furthermore, the Valorant Blue Screen on launch error can be due to many underlying issues affecting the game and your system. Some are:
- Issues with Valorant game files – You can encounter the Valorant Blue Screen of Death Vgk.sys error message if there’s an irregularity with your game files. They may be corrupt or missing, causing Valorant’s Vanguard errors and resulting in the Vgk.sys BSOD issue.
- Outdated Valorant game – Many errors can occur when the game client on your PC is up-to-date. It indicates that the game client can’t fix bugs and improve performance so it may result in errors.
- Third-party programs interference – The activities of other programs running on your PC may impede the Valorant game from running. Apps like antivirus software can cause issues with the game, resulting in the Vgk.sys Blues Screen in Valorant.
Other factors can cause the error and vary in different computers. Nevertheless, we’ll take you through some fixes to get your game running again.
We recommend you go through the following preliminary checks before trying any fixes for the error:
- Turn off background apps running on your PC.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software.
- Restart your PC and check if the Vgk.sys Blue Screen persists.
If the issue continues, go ahead with the solutions below:
1. Restart Windows in Safe Mode
- Press Windows + I key to launch the Windows Settings app.
- Select System and click Recovery.
- Go to Advanced Startup, then click Restart now.
- Windows will automatically restart into the Choose an option window, then click on Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced Options and click on the Startup Settings option.
- Press the F4 key to enter Safe Mode and click Restart.
Restarting Windows in Safe Mode will stop programs from starting automatically when the system boots. It will prevent the program from causing the Vgk.sys error from starting when launching your game.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Read our guide on how to fix the Safe Mode not working on Windows 11.
2. Restart the Riot client on your PC
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Select the Riot Vanguard client from the list of apps, click on the End task option from the drop-down, then click OK.
- Restart your PC and check if the Vgk.sys BSOD issue persists.
Ending tasks for Ruot Vanguard will refresh its processes and stop every background activity affecting its functionality. Read about the shortcuts for accessing the Task Manager on your PC.
3. Repair Valorant game files
- Launch the Riot client on your PC.
- Click the profile icon on the top right-hand corner and select Settings.
- Click on Valorant, then click the Repair button.
- Wait for the diagnostic repair to complete and fix the issue, then restart your game to check if the Vgk.sys BSoD persists.
Repairing Valorant game files will repair corrupt or missing files causing issues with its processes and resolve the Vgk.sys error.
4. Allow Valorant to run administrator
- Press Windows + S keys to prompt the Search window, then type Valorant in the search box and select the open file location.
- Right-click the game icon and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab and check the box for Run as administrator. Click Apply button and select OK.
- Then launch Valorant and wait for it to update automatically.
Giving Valorant administrator rights allows it to run with full permissions and enough system resources. It can fix the Vgk.sys Blue Screen of Death issue.
5. Uninstall and reinstall Valorant
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window, type appwiz.cpl, and click OK to open the Programs and features.
- Locate the Valorant, click it, and select Uninstall at the top.
- After the uninstallation, proceed to download the Valorant installer.
- Then reinstall the game by launching the installer and clicking Install.
Also, we receive reports about the Valorant game not working on Windows 11.
Further, our readers may be interested in our guide on Valorant Win64 shipping exe error and some fixes to resolve it. Also, you can read about ways to Valorant not updating and launching your game on Windows 11.
In conclusion, Vgk.sys blue screen in Valorant can be fixed by following all the solutions outlined in this guide. Do not hesitate to leave your questions or suggestions in the comments section.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.