Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Vgk.sys blue screen appears when trying to start the game, and it will prevent users from playing the game entirely.
Luckily, there are a couple of methods that you can use to fix this problem, so be sure to give them a try.
Why do I get Blue Screen when playing Valorant?
Vgk.sys BSOD appears due to outdated Vanguard software or other issues with certain security features. Sometimes a hardware change, most notably CPU, can trigger this error.
How can I fix vgk.sys blue screen in Valorant?
Before trying anything, ensure that your game client and Vanguard software are updated. Also, disable or turn off any other anti-cheat software before starting the game.
1. Uninstall Corsair Unity Engine
- Right-click the Start Menu and choose Apps and Features.
- Locate Corsair Unity Engine on the list.
- Click on the three dots next to it and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
You might have to remove all files and folders associated with this software to fix this error, especially because CorsairVBusDriver.sys seems to be the culprit.
Some users reported that reinstalling Vanguard using the same methods can help; you can try that as well.
2. Disable the Memory Integrity feature
- Press the Windows key + S and enter security. Choose Windows Security from the list of results.
- Next, select Device security and click on Core isolation details.
- Locate Memory integrity feature and turn it off.
- After doing that, restart your device.
In addition to this feature, you need to disable virtualization in BIOS. On AMD machines, it’s usually called SVM. Check your manual for detailed instructions.
Can Vanguard cause BSOD?
Yes, this software can sometimes cause BSOD. If you don’t use it, it you might want to disable it or remove it.
Also, we receive reports about the Valorant game not working on Windows 11, but our guide will help you fix this issue. For additional errors, check our Valorant VAN9003 error: Step-by-step solutions for Windows 11 guide.
Further, our readers may be interested in our guide on Valorant Win64 shipping exe error and some fixes to resolve it. Also, you can read about what to do if Valorant is not updating and launching your game on Windows 11.
In conclusion, Vgk.sys blue screen in Valorant can be fixed by following all the solutions outlined in this guide. Do not hesitate to leave your questions or suggestions in the comments section.