- Video compression software is extremely useful if you need to reduce the size of video files.
- To help you compress your video file without affecting the quality, we have gathered top picks from well-established names such as Adobe as well as some bold, open-source projects.
- The best part is yet to come! Since your workflow will most likely require a video editor, you will be pleased to hear that you might just discover the video editing and compression software of your dreams on our list.
- Moreover, it makes no difference if you're on a quest for a video compressor for Windows 10 or a compress video program for Mac - as you will see, cross-platform functionality is a must.
Thanks to the latest advancements in video technology, we tend to shoot videos in the best possible quality our devices can handle.
This pursuit of these high-quality videos increases the size of your files. Most people tend to create videos to share them with family and friends.
The video file size can become a problem because of the size limitations that are imposed on social media apps, email servers, etc.
Another reason for which you would need your video project to be smaller is for saving space on your storage.
If you can relate to the problems presented above, you can use the video compression software listed in this guide and reduce the file size without affecting the quality of the video.
What is the best video compression software?
Adobe Premiere Pro is a very powerful tool that offers you the capability to compress and edit your video files with the comfort of using a friendly UI.
This amazing software works with a wide variety of file formats so that you never feel that you’re missing an option.
Here are some of the best features found in Adobe Premiere Pro:
- Allows import and export of any video file format
- Quick processing of data, even for high-quality video files
- Works best with Adobe After Effects
- Wide range of tutorials can be found online
- Offers a very useful 7-day free trial
- Connected to an extensive library of resources
- Fully compatible with any Adobe product
Adobe Premiere Pro
If you’re dealing with video files – there is no better tool to help you play, edit, compress and more!
WinZip is a great software that has the ability to compress video files and data packages, and thus make them smaller.
Compressing video files is a good way to save space on your PC and it also makes your files easier to send.
You can compress your favorite videos in various formats types such as MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MP3, DVD.
Here are some of the best features of WinZip:
- Large video files compression
- Efficient file compression with duplicate file detection.
- Organize your videos in the cloud
- Update contents of a Zip file to match the source
- Access and edit files shared with you by others
- Automatically save cloud files
- Easy access to Background Tools
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Teams
Take advantage of the powerful WinZip video compression features now!
AnyVideo Converter is a great tool that allows you to compress the size of your video files with ease.
This software supports various video inputs: MP4, MPEG, VOB, WMV, 3GP, 3G2, MKV, MOD, M2TS, etc.
It also supports a wide range of video outputs, including WMV, MPG, MP4, AVI, ASF, M2TS, 3GP, 3G2, FLV, etc.
AnyVideo Converter comes in both free and paid versions. Even though the paid version has some additional features, the free version is a very useful and complete tool.
Some of its best features include:
- HEVC/H.265 Video Coding
- Fast speed and high video quality
- HEVC – enables video to be compressed to half the size of source file without losing quality
- Rip and extract audio from CDs and videos
- Burn video to DVD or AVCHD DVD
- Edit video codecs, dimension, bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, channel, video/audio quality, etc.
Pinnacle is an advanced video editing tool created for both beginners and professionals, offering a simplified video editing process, but with great options.
You can easily reduce the size of any video, but even more than that, you can edit your videos further by adding effects and enhancing color.
This software comes in 3 versions:
- Pinnacle Studio offering over 1,500+ effects, titles, and templates, 6-track HD video editing, multi-camera screen recorder, stop motion animation.
- Pinnacle Studio Plus brings 1,800+ effects, titles, and templates, 24-track HD video editing, wide-angle lens correction, pro-level audio tools.
- Pinnacle Studio Ultimate, leads over 2,000+ effects, titles, and templates, unlimited HD and 4K video editing, 3D Motion Objects.
Freemake Video Converter is another great software option that can compress and convert videos into hundreds of formats. The tool is compatible with all the latest cameras and video devices.
You can use Freemake Video Converter freely without any hidden fees or limitations.
Freemake Video Converter supports a wide range of formats – MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MP3, DVD, 3GP, SWF, FLV, etc.
You can also import photos or audio files and add them to your video, and transform multiple clips at once. The codecs included: H.264, MKV, MPEG4, AAC.
Handbrake is open-source software and one of the best video compression software, and it’s available for free. It bolsters advanced features that can be used by both professionals and beginners.
Key features include:
- Built-in device presets
- Supported input sources – multimedia files and DVD or BluRay
- Video filters – deinterlacing, decomb, denoise, cropping, scaling, etc.
- Title/chapter and range selection
- Batch scan of encoders
- Chapter markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Video bitrate encoding
VideoProc is a really powerful video processing software that you can use to edit, cut, crop, merge and compress videos in 4K.
This is the perfect solution when it comes to editing oversized videos recorded from GoPro, DJI, 4K cameras, denoising, cutting, filtering, splitting, merging, and subtitling.
Besides these features, VideoProc is a video converter and compressor expert that helps transcode HEVC / H.264 videos, convert any videos, audios, and DVDs – MKV to MP4, M4A to MP3, and DVD to MP4, and even make the media content playable on large TV screens or portable devices.
Key features include:
- Built in 370+ video and audio codecs
- YouTube to MP3, iPhone ringtone
- Customize video quality and file size
- Record video from computer’s screen or webcam
- Process videos fast and denoise easily
- Stabilize videos from GoPro DJI
These are the best video compression software for Windows. With the information provided in this article, you can now the tool that best suits your needs.
Do you use any other good video compression software? Let us know in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most efficient and fast way to compress a video file is to download the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro.
In order to be able to send large video files, you will need to choose a good video compressor for Windows 10, and compress the file.
Video compression is the process in which specialized software is used to reduce the data for the encoding of the file.