- A critical memory management issue can easily cause Blue screen errors, and you won’t be able to access your system properly .
- In such circumstances, you need to update your display drivers with a special repair tool that you can find below.
- Run the applications in compatibility mode to stop the error code video memory management internal from occurring.
- You can also run video games in window mode by following the steps in this article along with the other solutions.
Although many users are quite pleased with Windows 10, some of them are having certain issues. One particular issue that we would address today is the video memory management internal BSoD error.
This Blue Screen of Death error (also known as the 0x0000010E error) will make your computer restart. Many users report this error when trying to run or close their favorite video games.
Before we start fixing the issue, we advise you to update your Windows 10 with the latest updates. Microsoft is working hard to fix these issues.
If there’s an official fix available, it will be available through Windows Update, so make sure that you download it. If the issue still persists, try one of the solutions from this article.
How can I fix the video memory management internal error?
1. Run applications in compatibility mode
- Right-click the application you wish to run in Compatibility mode.
- Choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for, and choose Windows 10 from the list of operating systems.
- Click Apply, and then OK to save your settings.
- After that, try running the application again.
Sometimes running applications in compatibility mode helps. To run applications in compatibility mode, follow the above steps.
2. Update your display drivers
- Right-click the Start button, and select Device Manager from the list.
- Click the component you want to refresh the driver for to expand it.
- Right-click on the driver you want to update, and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- The new driver will be downloaded and installed shortly.
Some users report that updating their display drivers fixes the issue, so we strongly suggest that you do that. To update your drivers, you may put your trust in Windows.
You can also visit your graphic card manufacturer’s website, find your graphic card model and download the latest drivers.
Drivers are essential for your PC and all the programs that you use daily. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, bugs, lag, or any other problems, you will need to keep them updated.
Updating drivers manually can be a complicated and time-consuming process. If you want to solve the problem as quickly as possible, then you can rely on third-party software.
3. Run video games in window mode
If you get this error while playing your favorite video games, you should try running them in window mode to get rid of this problem.
This process is different for each game, but to run a game in window mode you need to enter the game’s video options.
You only have to navigate to video options and choose whether to run a game in full-screen or in window mode. Then check if the problem still occurs.
4. Use a repair tool
There is nothing more stressful than suddenly restarting the PC during the game because of a BSoD error.
This error can also appear in the form of video_memory_management_internal, and to get rid of it for good you can use a repair tool.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
5. Reset Windows 10
- Restart your PC a few times during the boot to start the Automatic Repair.
- Select Troubleshoot, then Reset this PC.
- Choose the Remove everything option.
- You might be asked to insert Windows 10 installation media in order to proceed to the next step, so be ready to do that.
- Select Only the drive where Windows is installed, then choose Just remove my files.
- Click the Reset button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the Windows 10 reset.
Bear in mind that this process will delete all files from your C drive, so be sure to create a backup.
You might also need a bootable USB flash drive to complete Windows 10 reset, and you can easily create one by using Media Creation Tool.
If the above procedures don’t work, you might want to let us know by using the comments section below.
Do the same in case of knowing any other fixes for the video memory management internal error.
Frequently Asked Questions
Memory management is best described as a feature responsible for managing the primary memory of a computer.
As the name suggests, this error often means that something’s wrong with the computer’s memory. Waste no more time and use our guide to fix video memory management internal issues.
Updates, virus infections, and faulty RAM are all common causes of this memory management error. Faulty drivers add up to this list, so make sure to use our guide to update drivers like a pro.