- A critical memory management issue could easily lead to Blue screen errors. Once that happens, you won’t be able to properly access your system.
- Under such circumstances, you have no choice but to update your display drivers, run applications in compatibility mode, or run video games in window mode.
- Are there any other PC issues you’re worried about? We have a great system errors section with detailed fixes to visit next.
- Don't hesitate to further browse our dedicated Windows 10 errors hub for more quick fixes to your issues.
Although many users are quite pleased with Windows 10, some of them are having certain issues. One particular issue that we would like to address today is the video memory management internal BSoD error.
This Blue Screen of Death error (also known as the 0x0000010E error) will make your computer restart. Many users report this error when trying to run or close their favorite video games.
Before we start fixing the issue we advise you to update your Windows 10 with the latest updates. Microsoft is working hard to fix these issues.
If there’s an official fix available it will be available through Windows Update, so make sure that you download it. If the issue still persists, try one of the following solutions:
How can I fix video memory management internal error?
1. Update your display drivers
Some users report that updating their display drivers fixes the issue, so we strongly suggest that you do that. To update your drivers, you may put your trust in Windows.
You can also visit your graphic card manufacturer’s website, find your graphic card model and download the latest drivers.
2. Run applications in compatibility mode
Sometimes running applications in compatibility mode helps. To run applications in compatibility mode do the following:
- Right-click the application you wish to run in Compatibility mode.
- Choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose Windows 10 from the list of operating systems.
- Click Apply and then OK to save your settings.
- After that try running the application again.
3. Run video games in window mode
If your favorite video games are giving you this error, you might want to try running them in window mode. This process is different for each game, but to run a game in window mode you need to enter the game’s video options.
In video options, you can choose whether to run a game in fullscreen or in window mode.
If the above procedures don’t work, you might want to let us know by using the comments area below. Do the same in case of knowing any other fixes for the video memory management internal error.
We’d highly appreciate your intervention!
FAQ: Learn more about the memory management error
- What is memory management in an operating system?
Memory management is best described as a feature responsible for managing the primary memory of a computer.
- What does memory management error mean?
As the name suggests, this error often means that something’s wrong with the computer’s memory. Waste no more time and use this guide to fix video memory management internal issues.
- What causes memory management error?
Updates, virus infections, and faulty RAM are all common causes of this memory management error. Faulty drivers add up to this list, so make sure to use this article on how to update drivers like a pro.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2015 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.