VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore: How to Remove
To fix this error, you can scan your PC with Microsoft Defender
- Removing the Service folder can help with this issue, especially if it's caused by a glitch.
- Scanning your PC with Microsoft Defender has been proven to be helpful in handling this error.
If your system has been infiltrated by VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore or a similar form of malware. In that case, it is crucial to act quickly and take steps to eliminate the threat.
However, sometimes you can get Malware detected message in Windows Defender due to a system glitch.
To effectively tackle the matter at hand, we must investigate the underlying source.
What is the VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore?
This VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore is not caused by an infection but rather by a non-default configuration. It is also known as a false positive.
If you come across this notification, it indicates that certain configurations may cause Microsoft Defender Antivirus to malfunction. To address this issue, the antivirus will automatically reset to a more secure configuration to ensure optimal functionality.
How can I Fix the VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore error?
1. Scan with Microsoft Defender
- To open Settings, press the Windows + I together.
- Next, click on Privacy & Security.
- Now select Virus & threat protection.
- Choose the scan options below and click Scan.
After the scan is completed, check if VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore still appears.
2. Delete Service folder via File manager
- Locate your file manager on your PC.
- Paste this location in the address bar in File Explorer and press Enter:
- Delete the folder named Service in there, and check if the message disappears.
- If not, reboot your pc and run a scan using Defender.
We hope that this guide helped you fix the problem with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore on your PC. If your PC is actually infected by malware, we have a great guide on how to recover the PC after malware infection, so be sure to check it out.
We would love for you to share your insights by leaving a comment below and conveying your thoughts. We highly appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you!
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.