VPN is not working on your tablet? Here are 7 quick fixes to resolve it
Tablets are really cool devices which are popularly used today to access the internet, but they are also vulnerable when it comes to privacy.
Besides a lack of privacy, you’re also unable to download specific apps due to your location, but, if you use a VPN, it ensures that your personal information and your tablet are secure, plus you get to use apps that are not available for your country.
When the VPN is not working on your tablet, it exposes your device and information to security breaches and threats, but, thankfully, there are ways to resolve the issue and get your tablet back to safety.
FIX: VPN is not working on your tablet
- Unable to connect to VPN
- Getting disconnected when using VPN
- IP location does not change after connecting VPN on the tablet
- Connection stuck on waiting for server reply
- Getting slow speed when using VPN on your tablet
- VPN software crashes
- Change your VPN
1. Unable to connect to VPN
If you cannot connect to the VPN using your tablet, switch between different protocols i.e. TCP or UDP. If this doesn’t help, enable multiport option via the application settings.
If it still occurs, switch between different servers. You can also try connecting to a different network and see if it helps.
2. Getting disconnected when using VPN
To overcome this disconnection issue, disable any firewall from your modem or router and then try to connect again. If the problem persists, switch again between TCP and UDP protocols, and if this doesn’t help, switch between different servers.
- ALSO READ: Fix: VPN not working with Google Chrome
3. IP location does not change after connecting VPN on the tablet
If your IP location doesn’t change after the VPN is connected, try changing the DNS settings to Google DNS i.e. 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. If this doesn’t help, try changing to OpenDNS i.e. 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206. Make sure you turn off the location services option from your device.
You can also change browser proxy settings based on your browser. If you’re using Internet Explorer, do the following:
- From the Tools or gear menu, select Internet options.
- In the Connections tab, click LAN settings.
- Uncheck all of the displayed options except automatically detect settings.
- Click OK
- Close your browser and open it again.
Speaking about VPN errors, we strongly recommend you to use a highly reliable tool for your device. Cyberghost does not have any problems while changing the IP (we are actually using it). A leader in the VPN market, trusted by 15million users with a confidential, secure and high-speed network.
- Get now CyberGhost (currently 77% off)
4. Connection stuck on waiting for server reply
This can be resolved by switching between TCP and UDP protocols, or if it persists, turn on the multiport option in the app and connect using both protocols simultaneously.
5. Getting slow speed when using VPN on your tablet
In case of slow speeds, switch between protocols, and connect with servers and countries near to your actual location. Try switching to other protocols like PPTP and L2TP by configuring your VPN connection manually.
6. VPN software crashes
VPN software, like any other, may crash, but this happens every once in a while so it’s not much of a concern, unless it happens often, disrupting your browsing experience.
You can resolve this by ensuring you have the latest software version as old software may have stability issues. Allow automatic updates for your VPN software or check for regular updates. Also close other apps that are open as these can cause problems with your VPN client.
Once you check the above, restart your device/tablet, and reinstall your VPN client.
7. Change your VPN
You can change your VPN and see whether it helps. Some of the best VPNs that work well with tablets include ExpressVPN, CyberGhost VPN, and Hotspot Shield VPN. Some VPNs may not be functional with tablets, while others may give you a hard time while trying to work with them on your tablet.
CyberGhost VPN is even better as you can work with it on any browser, use it even with your laptop, and it lets you access geo-restricted sites like Hulu, Netflix, HBO Go/Now, and Amazon Prime among others. other benefits of CyberGhost include protection for all your devices, ad blocking, malware blocking, and the highest possible speeds you can get on a VPN.
Other things to check when your VPN is not working with your tablet include:
- Check your mobile carriers. Get in touch with your ISP and check if the mobile carrier supports PPTP connections on different devices.
- Make sure that if you are using a wireless or cellular data connection that you have a consistently strong signal that isn’t being interrupted. This is often overlooked as any device with a motor (fan, treadmill, refrigerator, etc.) can disrupt a wireless signal enough to cause intermittent problems.
- Reboot your equipment – modem, router, and tablet in that order. A stuck process could be causing delays in processing, and you’d never know about it.
Let us know if any of these solutions worked for you by leaving a comment in the section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 6 of the best VPN for NOW TV to enjoy unrestricted TV shows
- Fix: VPN not working after Windows 10 update
- Fix: VPN not working with Spotify
- FIX: VPN not working with Popcorn Time
Windows 10 is a very complex operating system with hundreds of apps and processes runing in the background. Some of them came pre-installed, others have […]
Microsoft is continuously working on improving the experience and usability of Windows 10, especially now when Windows 10 v1903 caused so many bugs. It seems […]
Microsoft is constantly trying to facilitate Windows 10 users with the update process. Apparently, Microsoft has not been 100 percent successful in its efforts. We […]