- If VRV is not working on Chrome, this might be due to a general server outage or your settings.
- In some instances, the issue is caused by the cache, so you’ll have to clean it to fix it.
- Browser features such as adblocking can sometimes cause problems like this one.
A web browser is probably the only software that is used to access streaming content on the web, and if problems with your software occur, you won’t be able to enjoy streaming content.
This isn’t a major issue if the service has a dedicated app for the PC, but let’s face it, the majority of streaming platforms don’t create software for Windows, except for a handful of Microsoft Store apps.
Since your web client is the main method of accessing this type of content, it’s paramount that you solve any problems that can prevent you from viewing multimedia.
Speaking of which, many reported that VRV is not working in Chrome, and in today’s guide we’re going to show you the best ways to correct this.
How does VRV work?
VRV is a streaming service owned by Crunchyroll, and it gives you access to anime, fiction, and gaming channels. This makes it perfect if you just want to relax with your favorite show or enjoy podcasts.
Keep in mind that VRV is not free, and while some content requires no payment, most of it does. If you want to access it, you can choose between a premium bundle or an individual subscription.
Is there a VRV app available?
Yes, there is a dedicated app available that you may use if the website isn’t working for you. Unfortunately, there isn’t a Windows version available, so you’ll have to take advantage of it on a different platform.
Luckily, you can use this service on a wide array of platforms, including your Xbox One, so we’re certain that you’ll be able to find the version that you can run on the VRV download page.
What can I do if VRV is not working on Chrome?
1. Check if VRV is down
It might just be the case the website is down when it’s not working in Chrome. To check if that’s the case, open the VRV DownDetector page in a web browser.
That page will tell you if there’s an outage, and if that’s the case, you might need to wait a day or two before the service starts working again.
Expert Tip: Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Alternatively, you can try using a different web browser, such as Opera for example, and check if you can access the service.
2. Clear Google Chrome’s cache
- In Chrome, click the Menu icon in the top right.
- Expand the More tools section and select Clear browsing data.
- Click All time on the Time range drop-down menu.
- Then select the checkbox for the Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data. Now click on Clear data.
3. Close background programs and inactive tabs open in Chrome
- Right-click your taskbar to select the Task Manager option.
- Select any apps listed on Task Manager’s Processes tab, and press the End task button to close them.
- In addition, close third-party background programs listed under Background processes by selecting them and clicking End task.
- Open Google Chrome, and close any inactive tabs you have open in your browser.
- Then try watching some VRV videos.
4. Restart your router
- Press the Power button on your modem/router to turn it off.
- Wait for a minute or two.
- Now press the Power button again.
- Wait while the device boots.
- Once the connection is established, check if the problem is still there.
In rare instances, there might be a hardware problem with your device, and if that’s the case, you might want to consider getting a new router with a USB port.
5. Disable hardware acceleration
- Type the following within Chrome’s URL bar, and press the Enter key:
- Click the Advanced button at the bottom of the Settings tab.
- Toggle off the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
- Thereafter, restart your Chrome browser.
6. Turn off Chrome’s ad blocker
- Click the Menu icon in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Then click on Site Settings.
- Scroll down and click Additional content settings and then select Ads.
- Select All sites can show any ads to you option.
7. Reset Google Chrome
- Open the Settings tab in Chrome by entering the following in the address bar:
- Scroll all the way down, and click the Advanced button.
- Then scroll down to the Restore settings to their original default option.
- Click the Reset settings button to confirm.
In what regions is VRV available?
The service is currently accessible only in the United States, but we hope that this will change in the future. However, you can still access it using a VPN.
If you plan to do so without any slowdowns, lag, or additional issues, be sure to use some of the best VPNs for video streaming.
What’s the difference between VRV and Crunchyroll?
The two services are similar since they both allow you to watch anime, but with several differences. Crunchyroll is free, but it comes with ads and it doesn’t offer any podcasts.
However, one advantage is that you can access it globally without any restrictions, but you won’t be able to find the unique content that VRV has.
Since the platform relies on advertisements, you should know that Crunchyroll doesn’t work with Adblock, so keep that in mind.
Those potential resolutions are worth a shot if VRV is not working on any browser. In most cases, this is a cache issue, and clearing it should help.
Did you find a way to fix this issue on your own? If so, feel free to share it with us in the comments section below.