- If you're living or traveling to the United States and want to watch German TV in the US, you have to bypass geo-restrictions and make your Internet connection look like it's coming from Germany.
- We're showing you the exact steps to easily watch German television with a VPN, Mobdro, IPTV software, and Internet circumvention tools.
- To fix any VPN-related errors, bookmark our VPN Troubleshooting section.
- Visit our Unblocking Hub to see what other restrictions you can get around.
You can watch German TV in the US and any other part of the world on any device as long as you have the right tools for the job.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a German citizen living or traveling in the US, or a US citizen who wants to learn a foreign language by watching German TV.
We’re showing you the complete steps to help you watch German TV online in four ways: with a VPN, Mobdro, IPTV software, and an Internet circumvention tool.
How can I watch German TV in the US?
Use a VPN
- Download Private Internet Access (PIA).
- Set up PIA on your device.
- Click PIA’s systray button and press VPN Server.
- Look up Germany and select the first displayed city (lowest latency).
- Press the power button to connect to the German VPN server.
Once connected to an IP address from Germany using PIA, you can use your web browser to watch live TV streaming, such as ZDF, which is only available for German users. Plus, if you have a Netflix account, you can log in to unlock German exclusive movies and TV series.
Developed by Kape Technologies, PIA is the best VPN for streaming. You can use it to watch TV online in the USA and any other part of the world by connecting to one of its high-speed servers to bypass geoblocks.
PIA has private DNS servers, OpenVPN and WireGuard protocols, together with SOCKS5 and Shadowsocks. It’s compatible with all major devices, supports 10 simultaneous connections, and comes with 24/7 live chat support.
More about PIA:
- +3,300 VPN servers in 48 countries, even Germany
- Unlock Netflix DE and other Netflix libraries
- No identifying logs
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet Access
Watch German TV in the US and other countries using the high-speed VPN servers of PIA.
- On your Android*, allow apps to download from unknown sources.
- Download and install Mobdro.
- In the Mobdro main screen, tap the search button.
- Enter the name of a German TV channel.
- Select its entry from the list and watch TV.
*Although Mobdro is only available for Android, you can download BlueStacks and use the Android emulator to set up Mobdro on Windows PC.
Mobdro is the best way to watch German TV online for free. It’s completely free to download, install, and use. And you can find many German TV channels without having to change your geographical position.
However, you might occasionally run into buffering issues. When that happens, use a VPN like PIA to connect to a German VPN server before using Mobdro. It could speed up your Internet connection.
Use IPTV software
- Download ProgDVB and install it on your PC.
- Launch the tool and switch to the FreeWorldTV tab.
- Search for a German TV channel and double-click it.
- Start watching live streaming.
There are a few great IPTV software solutions, and ProgDVB is one of the best. You can use it to watch TV in German and other languages without having to resort to a web browser.
On the other hand, ProgDVB can’t be used to unblock Netflix DE and other streaming services since it’s limited to IPTV.
Use an Internet circumvention tool
- Download Psiphon and set it on your computer.
- Launch Psiphon and go to Settings > Psiphon Server Region.
- Select Germany and click Apply Changes.
Psiphon is one of the best proxy tools available. It’s completely free to use and can be installed on Windows, Android, and iOS. You can use it to unblock websites and watch German TV in the US or any other part of the world.
However, unlike a VPN, Psiphon can’t encrypt your network traffic. So it’s not an ideal choice for privacy-concerned users who want to not only watch German TV in the US but also secure their browsing sessions.
In conclusion, you can use any of these 4 solutions to watch German TV in the US or any other part of the world.
If you can’t make a decision about which solution is the best, we suggest using a VPN like PIA. It can not only circumvent geoblocks and give you unrestricted access to German television but also secure your browsing sessions, protect you from hacker attacks, and help you find cheaper flights.