The term encryption is used in cryptography and it refers to the process of encoding the information from a message, thus only the authorized individuals can read it.
Basically, encryption will scramble the initial message using an algorithm with the purpose of hiding the true information from possible intruders.
To decrypt the message, an individual needs the key provided by the originator to recipients but not to unauthorized users.
Quick tips about encryption software
- How to open encrypted files in Windows 10
- Best FIPS 140-2 encryption software for Windows 10
- 5+ best encrypted video conference software
- Best file encryption software for Windows 10
- 15 best PDF encryption software [Windows & Mac]
If you want to discover more details on how to protect your files, don’t hesitate to visit our Encryption & Data Protection section.