Fix: ‘We couldn’t load the data model’ on Windows 10
Certain older software might have few issues on Windows 10, and one of these issues is “We couldn’t load the data model” error. This issue isn’t a serious one, and it can be easily resolved by using one of our solutions.
Fix “We couldn’t load the data model” error on Windows 10
Solution 1 – Change Local Group Policy settings
According to the users, this error appears while trying to open PowerPivot for Excel 2013 Manage window. It seems that users don’t have enough privileges to use certain policies, so in order to fix this, we need to change Local Group Policy settings. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and type gpedit.msc. Press Enter or click OK to run it.
- Once Local Group Policy Editor opens, you need to navigate to the following in left pane:
- Locate Increase a process working set Policy and double click it.
- A list will appear in a new window. This list should include Users group, but if for some reason Users group isn’t on the list, click the Add User or Group button.
- In Enter the object names to select enter Users and click Check Names and OK.
- Users group should be now added. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
Solution 2 – Turn off SQL Server Analysis Services (Tabular) services
Users reported that “We couldn’t load the data model” error message appears when creating new Excel 2013 workbook and adding a table into Data Model. This can be an annoying problem, but fortunately there’s a solution available. In order to fix this problem, users advise to turn off SQL Server Analysis Services (Tabular) services. After turning these services off, the problem with “We couldn’t load the data model” message should be resolved.
Some users are suggesting to remove Analysis Services 2012 completely from your computer, so you might want to try that as well.
“We couldn’t load the data model” error message usually affects PowerPivot for Excel 2013, and as you can see, it can be easily fixed by using one of our solutions.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]