Webcam error 0xa00f4243 arises for some users when they try to utilize their webcam with Windows 10’s Camera app. The error message states: “Close other apps… It looks like another app is using the camera already. If you need it, here’s the error code 0xA00F4243.” Consequently, uses can’t utilize their webcams with Camera. These are a few potential resolutions for users who need to fix error 0xA00F424.
Got webcam error 0xa00f4243? Try these solutions
- Close Apps With Task Manager
- Clean Boot Windows
- Turn Off Other Apps That Utilize the Webcam
- Reset the Camera App
- Update the Webcam’s Driver
1. Close Apps With Task Manager
The 0xa00f4243 error message drops a big hint by stating: “Close other apps… It looks like another app is using the camera already.” That hint suggests the issue is primarily due to conflicting software. So, try closing some other apps that might be utilizing the webcam. This is how users can close software with Task Manager.
- Right-click Windows 10’s taskbar and select Task Manager on the menu.
- Task Manager’s Processes tab lists apps and background services that are consuming system resources. Select all software listed under the Apps heading.
- Then press the End task button to close the selected app.
- In addition, close camera app services listed under Background processes. For example, some users might find numerous Skype app services, such as Skype Bridge, under Background processes.
2. Clean Boot Windows
As error 0xa00f4243 is usually due to conflicting software, a clean boot might fix the issue. A clean boot is a Windows startup configured to exclude third-party software and services. Users can configure a clean boot for Windows 10 as follows.
- First, right-click the Start button and select Run.
- Input ‘msconfig’ in Run’s Open text box and click OK to open the System Configuration window.
- Click the Selective startup radio button on the General tab.
- Uncheck the Load startup items check box to remove third-party software from the startup.
- Select the Use original boot configuration and Load system services settings under the Selective startup radio button.
- Click Services to open the tab shown in the snapshot directly below.
- Click the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Then select the Disable all option, and press the Apply button.
- Click the OK button.
- Select the Restart option on the System Configuration dialog box that pops up.
3. Turn Off Other Apps That Utilize the Webcam
Users can also select to turn off other apps that utilize the webcam via the Settings app. That will ensure Camera is the only app utilizing the webcam, which should be enough to fix error 0xa00f4243 for most users. Users can turn off webcam apps as follows.
- Click the Type here to search button on the taskbar to open Cortana.
- Input ‘camera’ as the search keyword.
- Click Camera privacy settings to open Settings as shown directly below.
- First, make sure the Allow apps to access your camera setting is on.
- Scroll down the window and turn off the apps that utilize the webcam. However, leave the Camera app on.
4. Reset the Camera App
Users can reset apps when they don’t work as they should. Resetting apps resets their data and restores them to default settings. So, resetting the Camera app might also be worth a try for fixing error 0xa00f4243. This is how users can reset the Camera.
- Enter the keyword ‘apps’ in Cortana’s search text box.
- Click Apps & features to open the app list in Settings.
- Select Camera and click Advanced options.
- Press the Reset button, and select Reset again to confirm.
5. Update the Webcam’s Driver
Some Camera users have also stated that they’ve fixed error 0xa00f4243 by updating the webcam driver. Users can do that more quickly by utilizing Driver Booster 6. To add Driver Booster 6 to Windows, click the Free Download button on the software’s webpage. After installing DB 6, open the software, which will then automatically scan. If DB 6 includes a webcam within its scan results, click the Update All button to update its driver.
Those are a few of the best resolutions for fixing error 0xa00f4243 so that users can utilize their webcams with Camera. Remember, however, that there are also plenty of third-party software alternatives to the Camera app that users can utilize webcams with.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: Can’t Take Photos With Camera App in Windows 10, 8.1, 8
- FIX: Camera Being Used by Another App in Windows 10, 8.1, 7