- If your MS Teams camera is not working, it is surely due to some system error.
- One simple solution is checking the software's permission through Windows.
- You could also install a third-party app that will keep your drivers up to date.
- Why don't you also run the system troubleshooter for your software and hardware?
Part of the modern work environment is having face-to-face meetings with your colleagues, as well as being able to chat remotely.
One middle ground between the two is holding video conferences, and a lot of collaborative tools have this feature.
One such collaborative tool is Microsoft Teams, which is a unified platform where users can chat, send items, hold conferences, and more.
However, not all things are going smoothly for Microsoft Teams, since plenty of users have been reporting to have issues with it.
More precisely, they say that Microsoft Teams fails to detect their webcams, especially during video conferences.
I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y70 with a built in camera and Windows 10 Home. My company uses MS Teams and I can log in and see and hear everyone and they can hear me, but my face is frozen or doesn’t appear at all. I’ve uninstalled Teams several times, made sure everything is updated. I can’t get it to work.
If you find yourself asking Why is my camera not working on Microsoft teams? Then you came to the right place. This problem is common, so many solutions were found over time that proved themselves to be effective.
That is why we’ve compiled this step-by-step guide so that you can use your camera in Microsoft Teams efficiently.
How can I make my camera work in Microsoft Teams?
1. Make sure Microsoft Teams has permission to use the webcam
- Press the Windows Key + I.
- Go to Privacy.
- Select Camera.
- Make sure that Allow apps to access your Camera is activated.
- Also, make sure that Choose apps that can use your camera is activated for Teams.
- If it happens to already be on, turn it off and leave it like that for a few seconds before turning it back on again.
In Windows 10 you need to provide apps permissions to use your hardware components. This includes giving programs like Microsoft Teams or Skype permission to use your webcam.
2. Update all drivers
One common reason why the camera is not being detected is old camera drivers. That is why it is good to keep all of your drivers updated to the latest version. For a manual update, follow the steps below.
- Open your Windows search bar.
- Type Device Manager.
- Select one of the categories.
- Right-click on the device you want to update.
- Then select Update Driver.
- Windows will scan and update the driver if it finds a newer version.
Update your drivers automatically
A generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver differ significantly. Identifying the right driver version for each of your hardware components can be time-consuming.
An advanced tool is simple to use, and it will get the job done, saving you lots of time because you won’t need to manually select all of your devices and update their drivers one by one.
That is why an automatic assistant, such as DriverFix, can help you better understand and update your system with the necessary drivers every time.
Please keep in mind that in order to perform some particular tasks, this software needs to be updated from the free version.
3. Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
Various issues can occur that can affect your camera’s functionality, that is why using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter is recommended.
Note: If you don’t want to use Microsoft Teams, there are lots of collaboration software on the market that can perform well, so feel free to explore.
4. Re-register your webcam
- Press Windows + X.
- Go to Device Manager.
- Look under Imaging devices.
- Right-click on your camera device and select Uninstall.
- Click OK.
- Select Action.
- Choose Scan for hardware changes.
- Reboot the PC.
By following these guides, you should be able to make your webcam run again in Microsoft Teams. Did you find this guide useful? Let us know in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are plenty of reasons why. You’ll find all the information you need in our quick article dedicated to fixing the came on MS Teams.
The Microsoft Teams high RAM usage is a recurring problem that we’ve discussed thoroughly in this detailed article dedicated to the problem.
You can do a number of things. Follow our thorough guide dedicated to fixing Microsoft Teams screen share issues to read all about the different solutions you can apply.