- When you see the We're processing this video. Please check back later window, allow some time for the video to be processed.
- In case the problem doesn't resolve by itself on Google Drive, re-login to your account, or clear the browser cache, amongst other methods here.
- For the same issue on YouTube, you can disable browser extensions that manage uploads, or try the other fixes.
Google Drive and YouTube are both great platforms to store and share videos. The former is relatively intimate when compared to the latter. However, on both these platforms, several users reported encountering We’re processing this video. please check back later error.
This is the case when you try to access a video uploaded on either of these platforms, and there are a bunch of factors behind it. The problem could have to do with the Internet speed or the platform’s server, amongst other factors.
But, as is the case with other issues, We’re processing this video. please check back later error too is easily fixable with some quick methods.
How long does a video take to process on Google Drive?
There is no definite answer to this question. It is very similar to asking how long it would take to reach from one place to another. There are several factors involved and if all these play out in our favor, we could come up with a figure, but that too would be an approximate one.
For instance, processing a 50MB video should take around 2-5 minutes while a 1 GB video would take, on average, 10-15 minutes. Processing a bunch of large videos could take hours. This gives you a fair idea of how long We’re processing this video. please check back later error would be present.
But again, it’s not definite. Google Drive makes several changes to the video before uploading and processing in order to make it accessible across devices. And if there are a lot of changes to be made over a poor connection, you might witness a higher processing time.
Another critical factor here is your device’s performance. If the one you are using to access Google Drive is all hogged up, it will take a longer time. So, make sure to boost your computer’s performance in order to reduce the video processing time on Google Drive.
This should provide you with a basic idea of the video processing time on Google Drive. Not, let’s see the most effective solutions for We’re processing this video. please check back later error.
How do you fix We’re processing this video. Please check back later?
1. On Google Drive
1.1 Re-login to your Google Account
- Click on your Profile icon near the top-right corner, and then click on the Sign out button.
- After you have logged out, re-enter your login credentials to sign back in.
After you have logged back into Google Drive, check if you can access the video that earlier showed the We’re processing this video. please check back later error.
1.2 Clear browser cache and cookies
- Press Ctrl + H to launch the History section in your browser.
- Next, click on the Clear browsing data option on the left.
- Now, select the desired option from the Time range dropdown menu, untick the option for Browsing history, and then click on Clear data at the bottom.
- After the data is cleared, restart the browser for the changes to come into effect.
In most cases, We’re processing this video. please check back later error should now be eliminated, if it was caused by a corrupt browser cache.
1.3 Download the video
- Right-click on the video throwing the error, and select the Get link option from the context menu.
- Now, click on the Copy link button, choose the required sharing settings from the dropdown menu, and click on Done.
- Paste the link you copied in a new tab, and click on the Download icon at the top-right to get the video.
If you are trying to view the video that is throwing the We’re processing this video. please check back later error, a simple workaround would be to download it. Also, with the right sharing settings in place, others can download it too even if it’s not completely processed by Google Drive.
If these three methods didn’t work, you can use reliable video compression software, and once the size of the video is reduced, it should get quickly processed on Google Drive.
The size of the video is one of the three critical factors that affect the processing time, the other two being Internet speed, and the performance of the device.
So, from now on, you should be able to eliminate the We’re processing this video. please check back later error, and if not, at least be able to view the video.
2. On YouTube
2.1 Update the browser
- Click on the ellipsis near the top-right, hover the cursor over Help, and select About Google Chrome from the flyout menu.
- Now, if an update is available for the browser, it will automatically be downloaded.
- Once the browser is updated, click on the Relaunch button for the changes to come into effect.
2.2 Use a reliable VPN
If you are using a VPN, it could be the reason behind encountering the We’re processing this video. Please check back later error. You can verify that by uninstalling it, and then getting a reliable and effective VPN.
Several VPNs are known to throttle the Internet speed which is one of the likely reasons behind the issue. Switch to a VPN that helps maintain optimal Internet speed while changing servers, to eliminate the error.
If you’re not sure where to begin your search for a trustworthy open-source VPN provider, we recommend Private Internet Access (PIA).
It is designed to fit into the award-winning VPN service since it employs the WireGuard tunnel protocol and is completely open-source.
You can set up a WireGuard tunnel to connect automatically at startup, opening a port and forwarding it to transmission, for a steady and fast connection.
2.3 Disable upload-related browser extensions
- Click on the Extensions icon in the browser’s toolbar and select Manage extensions.
- Now, click on the Remove button under the upload-related extension.
- Again, click Remove in the confirmation prompt that pops up.
If any of the extensions added to the browser deal with uploads, it’s time you remove these to fix the We’re processing this video. please check back later error on YouTube. Some of these are known to conflict with the upload process on YouTube, and it’s best to disable all similar ones.
How do I speed up Google Drive processing?
- Click on the ellipsis near the top-right corner, and select Settings from the menu.
- Next, click on the Advanced option to view the tabs under it.
- Select the System tab.
- Make sure that the Use hardware acceleration when available option is enabled. If not, click on the toggle to do that.
This is one of the simplest, amongst the many, ways to speed up the Google Drive processing. Apart from this, you can try the methods listed earlier, for instance, compressing the video, removing conflicting extensions, or clearing the browser cache.
These are all the ways you can fix We’re processing this video. lease check back later error while accessing recently uploaded videos on Google Drive and YouTube.
Also, do not hesitate to find out the best Google Drive alternatives with low processing time to quickly and safely back up your data.
Do not forget to tell us which fix worked and the platform you were facing the issue on, in the comments section below.