- Your home PC needs protection now, more than ever so pick the best Windows 10 antivirus for home users.
- The top selection on our list is a tool from ESET that brings all the security you will ever need.
- You can also check out a solution from Avast that packs a great punch for a free software.
- Another antivirus from Avira takes the cake when it comes for extra features.
Typically, we recommend Windows Defender for your daily antivirus protection, but if you prefer third-party antiviruses, then you’re in the right place to find out what are your best options.
You need to know that even if you want to use the antivirus on your home Windows 10 PC, you can’t make any compromises on security and privacy.
What is the best antivirus software for Windows 10?
Just if you-re using an antivirus for home it doesn’t mean that you have to install a weak protection software. That’s why we recommend ESET Internet Security as a top choice.
This is a trusted solution for more than 110 million users and that can be a guarantee for its security options and features.
And if, by any chance, your computer at home is a laptop, this tool will make sure that you will stay online longer by using its battery-saving mode.
We also need to mention the SysInspector, an advanced diagnostic tool that captures the most important information from the system and then help you troubleshoot security and compatibility issues.
Let’s see what are some of the best features of this tool:
- Gamer mode for minimizing and halting all other intensive operations
- Saves internet bandwidth with extremely small update packages
- ESET Machine Learning in the cloud for detecting advanced, never seen before malware
- Blocks attacks that usually evade antivirus detection
- Eliminates lock screens and ransomware
ESET Internet Security
If protecting your home system is a priority, ESET Internet Security is what you’re looking for.
BullGuard provides a triple-layer, real-time protection, scanning signatures, and all kinds of anomalies associated with malware.
Any detected malware is quarantined and then neutralized before the infection can even begin. BullGuard is constantly ranking among the topmost performant antivirus programs.
The program proved itself in terms of detecting the latest widespread and prevalent malware known to experts, as well as in terms of protecting against malware attacks (web and email threats included).
BullGuard also has one of the lowest number of false detections of legit software, namely three (again, among the top antivirus programs).
Take a look of its best features below:
- Recognition of trusted applications and sites
- Improved firewall with added layers of heavy-duty protection against intruders and malware, to block unauthorized attempts to connect a device to the Internet
- Online protection for kids to let them enjoy uninterrupted gaming
- Easy installation; 24/7 free expert support
Get BullGuard now to have updated protection for your device against the latest malware.
Avira is another powerful and free antivirus that will surprise you with its many included features.
For instance, this software comes with a free VPN. It comes with a limited bandwidth usage per month but it’s still great for those time you really need to connect to a free hotspot.
Avira also includes tune-up and cleaning software that will increase the overall performance of your PC and extend the lifetime of your hardware components in the process.
This solution even includes features for updating your apps and drivers and that means that your system will run in tip top shape all the time.
Let’s see what are its main features:
- Free VPN (500 MB/month)
- Speeds and accelerate booting
- PC cleanup and tune-up tools included
- Extremely easy to operate and maintain
- Easy-to-use interface
Check out the incredible bundle for all your protection and tune-up needs of your PC.
There are probably not many people that didn’t hear about Bitdefender and for good reason because it’s one of the safest bets out there whether you’re talking about home or business protection.
And although it uses minimal resources from your system, it even uses optimization tools to speed up your PC’s boot time and increase its performance.
With Bitdefender on your computer, you will be able to rest assured that you can do banking procedures or any payments online without any fear of your accounts being hijacked.
Let’s see what are some of Bitdefender’s main features:
- Game, movie and work modes for uninterrupted activity
- Low performance impact on your PC
- Multi-layered protection for zero-day threat detection
- Friendly and easy-to-use interface
- Anti-phishing protection
Bidtefender has low impact on your home PC resources so it can be the perfect choice.
A free security solution is definitely not a poor decision. At least not if we’re talking about Avast Free Antivirus that comes with a ton of features.
Whether you’re a gamer or you’re working from home, the Do Not Disturb mode will perform magic by stopping any disturbing popups or distraction that may disturb you.
Nowadays, malware can be very cunning in misdirecting a basic antivirus. However, Avast employs some of the newest technology into a behavioral shield that keeps an eye on any change of your apps.
Say goodbye to any infections coming from your e-mail client because the built-in Mail Shield will actively scan all your messages for any scam or phishing attempts.
Take a look at some of Avast’s top features:
- Do Not Disturb mode for uninterrupted work or play
- Very light on your system and easy to use
- Friendly interface and automatic updating
- Smart scanning with a low percentage of false positives
- Advanced ransomware protection
Avast Free Antivirus
If you opt in for a free solution, you should definitely go for this feature rich antivirus.
This is our top selection with the best antiviruses for your home PC. You can try several of them before making a choice because all of them have at least free trial versions.
Even if you’re on your home PC, you should still protect your e-mails. Take a look at our list including the best e-mail scanning software for your system.
Did you choose your favorite solution? Tell us more about your decision in a comment in the dedicated section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The general recommendation is that you install an antivirus, even if only for basic protection while you are online.
A free antivirus offers only some basic features, and oftentimes don’t come with important options, such as real-time protection. But it’s worth trying them to see if they suit you.
Windows 10 comes with a built-in antivirus, Windows Defender. It’s a decent program, with ups and downs, but you’ll easily find solutions for most common issues.