Windows 10 Build 14383 for PC and Mobile is out, marks Anniversary Update code check
After a weeklong break, a new Windows 10 build is out for both PC and Mobile. Dona Sarkar got us used to a machine gun-like pace of build releases, so much so that we were wondering when the next one would be.
Well, it seems that the normal one-week build release cycle is back on track and Insiders will now have enough time to test out the latest Windows 10 builds.
Windows 10 Build 14383 is available only for Fast Ring Insiders and marks the beginning of the final code check in preparation for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update release. Due to the code check, a series of changes are already visible in this build, such as the desktop watermark which is now gone.
As usual, build 14383 focuses on bringing a series of bug fixes for both PC and Mobile in order to perfect the Windows 10 user experience. This build doesn’t bring any new features.
Here are the fixes and improvements available for PC:
- The link to “Get more extensions from the Store” from Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download available extensions.
- The new keyboard shortcut to invoke Cortana in listening mode now is Win + Shift + C. Speaking “Hey Cortana”, when enabled in Cortana Settings, continues to invoke Cortana in listening mode as it always has.
- From now on, updates to the Quick Action area of Action Center will be preserved across upgrades.
- Microsoft has fixed the issue where disconnecting the Surface Book from an external monitor set as primary resulted in the Surface Book screen showing in portrait rather than landscape.
- The issue where the Settings app was showing media controls in the taskbar preview window has also been fixed.
- The dialog content now displays correctly when dragging the file comparison or managing library dialogs between two monitors with different DPIs.
- The checkmark used to indicate a selected state in app bar toggle buttons is now visible in high contrast.
- Microsoft fixed the issue where connecting to a PC using Remote Desktop when a maximized window is immediately behind the Remote Desktop dialog would result in the subsequent the Credential UI window being displayed behind the maximized window.
- Explorer.exe no longer hangs on certain monitor configurations.
- Bluetooth mice, such as the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse, no longer accelerate erratically when moving the cursor across the screen.
- The bug where Narrator wouldn’t announce the hyperlinks on certain webpages on Edge has been fixed.
- Memory leaks no longer occur in Microsoft Edge when the LastPass extension has been enabled.
Here are the fixes and improvements available for Mobile:
- The battery performance has been improved when quickly turning the screen on and off in order to look at the Lock screen.
- Embedded maps in Microsoft Edge no longer jump to an unexpected location when zooming in and out.
- The volume mute now works on all devices when playing YouTube videos that use the OPUS audio codec.
- You can now make Store purchases using mobile operator billing with an Orange SIM.
- Groove no longer unexpectedly pauses music after music has manually been paused and resumed.
- The keyboard no longer outputs @ and € instead of “a” and “e” for certain languages in Windows Phone 8.1 apps.
- Windows Phone 8.1 games no longer play in slow motion on certain devices, such as the Lumia 535.
- Microsoft fixed the issue where notifications received while the screen was off didn’t take into consideration the proximity sensor, resulting in the screen turning on to display the notification while in pockets, potentially leading to accidental screen presses.
- The Visual Voicemail setup now appears after hard resetting the device.
- Tiles pinned from within apps no longer go blank and now show the app name within the tile.
- The “SIM 2” title now appears on pinned Messaging and Phone tiles for the second SIM.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in incorrect Start screen scaling after switching from Continuum/Extended Desktop to Mirrored/Duplicated screen on devices with a non-default DPI.
- The missed call count on the Phone app Live tile now displays information in real time, delays have been done away with.
Unlike build 14376 where there were no known PC issues on the list, Microsoft listed two PC bugs and three Mobile bugs for the current build.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft will roll out Windows 10 Preview Builds even after the Anniversary Update is released
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update scheduled for August 2 release: What are its improvements?
- Microsoft could lock down Windows 10 Anniversary Update code after July 12
If you’re new to Waze and want to know how to change the guiding voice in your app, then you came to the right place. […]
One of the biggest differences between Waze and other GPS navigation software is the alerts system. Waze benefits from a user input system that allows […]